Discogs barring sales of Sunbeam LPs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discogs barring sales of Sunbeam LPs

I just got a notice that Discogs have removed this Sunbeam LP from sale. I always thought all RMJ's releases were totally legit, though the Human Instinct rerelease is described as 'unofficial'. Is this a mistake & have any other Sunbeam releases been taken down?
    Find a Human Instinct* - Burning Up Years first pressing or reissue. Complete your Human Instinct* collection. Shop Vinyl and CDs.

All the Sunbeam Human Instinct titles are now marked 'Unofficial' (though not consistently over all formats).
    Also Synanthesia and Dragonfly.

Disgruntled ex members of the band?

PS. If I can piggyback this for a moment, I'm looking for a sleeve (any issue) for the Burning Up Years LP. Doesn't have to be in great nick.
    Dave Lee Roth, I Too Am Running With This Devil Of Which You Speak (sic)

Comment

I don't know. The Sunbeam reissue of Dragonfly is listed as Unofficial, and the liners contain an interview with the guitarist and "rare photographs." If it's Unofficial, it's very sneakily so. The Discogs listing shows it as a US release on CDR, so who knows? https://www.discogs.com/Dragonfly-Dr...elease/5263247
      https://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

Comment

Just seen this - nothing on Sunbeam has been done without the full and enthusiastic participation of the artists. It would appear that Discogs has pulled these titles at random, and certainly without any reference to me.
        Must grade overall visually at least as Good minus!!! (graded STRICTLY to the UK RRPG standards, not overgraded AT ALL!!!)

Comment

Originally posted by glengowla View Post
          Just seen this - nothing on Sunbeam has been done without the full and enthusiastic participation of the artists. It would appear that Discogs has pulled these titles at random, and certainly without any reference to me.
          What about the record companies?

Comment

You mean the labels they were originally on? All were cleared with the rights holders, although for Dragonfly I proceeded on the basis that rights would have reverted to the band, given that the two chancers who operated Megaphone Records vanished shortly after its release, seemingly never to be traced.
            Must grade overall visually at least as Good minus!!! (graded STRICTLY to the UK RRPG standards, not overgraded AT ALL!!!)

Comment

I thought all your releases were 100% legit. This has been posted on the site by a Discogs staffer: "If we block something that is legitimate please open a support request with any supporting data or edits and we will review it as soon as we can." Full statement on removal of bootlegs is here: https://www.residentadvisor.net/news.aspx?id=39760

Comment

Thanks - I'll get round to it eventually!

Comment

Working...
                X