What's your favourite label?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your favourite label?

Someone asked me the other day and it stumped me. There are labels like Rough Trade or Trojan that will always make me examine an unknown record, but I'm struggling to think of any label whose entire output I need ... I take probably too much notice of Trunk, Finders Keepers and WRWTFWW ...

So, what's yours?
    "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

I've over 100 Blue Notes - so I guess that answers your question?

Comment

I'm really interested in Greensleeves Records at the moment. but only up to around 1985. I always look to see what the record is on Greensleeves, Charm, Penthouse, Trojan. also Mondo is really interesting, expensive, but interesting. I couldnt afford to buy everything they release.
      Last edited by Paul-K; 03-10-2017, 09:15 AM.
      instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

It was allways Cadet , CTI ,and MPS when I were a lad, its a mark of how jaded I am that I no longer have a favourite per se.
        Sometimes you look for things for so long once you get them they have no meaning-having said that i went to a party looking really fresh on saturday : I'd grabbed a couple of lps in town on the way and did wish i was carrying this rather than scraggy plastic bag:
        Attached Files

Comment

Elektra is my default digging label I home in on. Previously I've been obsessed with Time Lag Records (discovered via Espers first LP), then Death Waltz (but so over that!!) and before that - in the 80s / 90s it was Paisley Park of course!
          "Ridicule is nothing to be scared of"

www.myspace.com/illustratedlondonnoise*********illustratedlondonnoise.blogspot.com

Comment

Oh - and I'm always drawn to A&M too.
            "Ridicule is nothing to be scared of"

www.myspace.com/illustratedlondonnoise*********illustratedlondonnoise.blogspot.com

Comment

Blue Note doesn't surprise me one bit. Some of the others did. Elektra seems to cover so many genres, which I guess in itself is not a bad thing at all ...

Comment

Warp and Rephlex I'll always check too ... I still don't think I've discovered my favourite label though ...
                Last edited by Turboellis; 04-10-2017, 02:54 AM. Reason: clarity

Comment

President (still)
                  new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

Comment

According to my Discogs stats it's Polydor, CBS, and Phillips.
                      All the Wolpertingers

Comment

Rockwell
                        Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

Factory Records and Two Tone I've got most of.
                          I'm always on the look out for local (Manc/Lpool) releases on New Hormones, Rabid, Zoo, Eric's etc or one off's recorded at Cargo Studios or Strawberry in a punk/new wave vein.
                          And I've got loads of Fruits de Mer to keep me "modern".

Comment

Postcard ...Whaam (early) Creation ... Trunk ... Finders Keepers ... Cadet Concept ... Verve Forecast ....Flying Dutchman .... Fast ... Soul Jazz ... etc !!
                            Rockwell
                            Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

New Jazz

Comment

Working...
                              X