Vinyl Guide podcast Ep100: Henry Rollins - Record Collector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vinyl Guide podcast Ep100: Henry Rollins - Record Collector

Not a fan of Rollins' music but he's pretty entertaining here, fully aware of his illness ;-)

http://www.thevinylguide.com/episode...cord-collector

I'd be interested to know more about his cataloging e.g. what kind of database he uses, how he files his records etc. If anyone knows about that, please share the info.

Turbo
    "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Boy can that guy talk. He waffles on endlessly about nothing. Its his wife I feel sorry for.

Rollins starts at around 14:58.
    Dave Lee Roth, I Too Am Running With This Devil Of Which You Speak (sic)

Comment

Ha ha ... yes, sorry I forgot to mention that ... but cut the bloke a bit of slack ... he has managed to make it to his 100th podcast

I skipped through the waffle too ... did you enjoy the interview?

Comment

Nah, I don't give slack, I come from the Mark E. Smith school of Interpersonal Relationships - he needs a good telling off and possibly a smack!
        I thinkI'd enjoy it a lot more if he had an Australian accent. He sounds like Harry Shearer! The stuff about Rollins collecting habits all rings true. I remember hearing of him trying to track down Irish pressings of Buzzcocks, Dead Kennedys, etc punk/wave singles. I can't quite get excited about this kind of thing qua matrix numbers or label layouts but I'm with him on alternate cover designs, I love 'em.

Dave Lee Roth, I Too Am Running With This Devil Of Which You Speak (sic)

Comment

Originally posted by Milesago View Post
          Nah, I don't give slack, I come from the Mark E. Smith school of Interpersonal Relationships - he needs a good telling off and possibly a smack!.
          Go for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Milesago View Post
            I'm with him on alternate cover designs, I love 'em.
            He's bought a couple of records off me for the alternate cover design they had.
            "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Working...
            X