2018 Death Section

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like this Francis Lai track.
    Well, I like the first bit. I don't know what the hell happened later on. Fuck sake, Francis.

Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Apologies for insulting the departed. It was shabbydabada behaviour on my part.
      Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Swooped on this at Superfly when they opened a few years back.

Recently reissued.

Comment

A very early VV related pull for me on a cheapo comp-de-Lai. Site uncertainty at the time as to the whether the rest of that s/t was of the same calibre. Now readily available. CD only, but?

Comment

Originally posted by RedX View Post
            Tony Joe White

It's raining all over the world
            Hadn't heard this news but TJW's probably the artist I've seen play most often over the years so I'm a bit sad. Favourite one was a very sparsely attended gig at the Borderline where there were so few of us in the audience that he just took requests all night.

Comment

Roy Clark died today. Country musician.
              eat chocolate-creams with the appetite of a blase parrot. H H Munro.

Comment

Quite a few comedy stars going this year. John Bluthal died recently aged 89.
                The Downstairs Lounge
                http://downstairslounge.wordpress.com/
                http://soundcloud.com/agnes-guano/

Comment

Originally posted by Agnes_Guano View Post

Quite a few comedy stars going this year. John Bluthal died recently aged 89.
                  He was great with Spike in the "Q" series - RIP

Comment

I have just found out that Sonny Fortune died recently. I had been unaware of him until earlier this year when I picked up a copy his excellent Waves Of Dreams album.
                    The day he died - 25/10/18 - I was on a plane back to the UK with two more of his albums in the luggage.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/01/obituaries/sonny-fortune-dead.html

RIP Sonny

Comment

Just seen that Pete Shelley has died of a heart attack at the age of 63

North of the River Cole

Comment

Just 63 ... that was a bit of a shock to hear ... as was that he'd been living in Estonia ... no reason why not I suppose ...
                        "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

A little bit of a jolt with that one. I remember getting the bus, after school, so I could get to Downtown Records in Romford and get a copy of 'Another Music In A Different Kitchen' on the day of release. I'd never done that before, or since. Poor old Pete.
                          "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by SirSlim View Post
                              Another soundtrack legend gone - Francis Lai
                              Well he must have been pretty old. But I always had time for him. Probably just the period from about 66 - 72, and I've never heard The Games OST so I'll be investigating that later ...
                              "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

Originally posted by Turboellis View Post

Well he must have been pretty old. But I always had time for him. Probably just the period from about 66 - 72, and I've never heard The Games OST so I'll be investigating that later ...
                                The OST is a bit sought after as it has very early work from a certain Elton John on one track the film itself is a hoot - Michael Crawford plays a milkman who is going to enter the Olympic games

Comment

Working...
                                X