Johnny Guitar (theme)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnny Guitar (theme)

I recently found out the name of one of my favourite tunes that my Dad would play on his accordion as part of his repertoire - turns out it was the theme from the film "Johnny Guitar" - now I've seen the film once many moons ago but just didn't recognise it...

So what are your favourite versions of the Johnny Guitar theme - there seem to 100s - a quick search turned up these 2 interesting versions, but I'm particularly interested to hear about accordion instrumental versions...

​​​​​​​​

I've got a flamenco/rumba version and a Brazilian jungle EZ version, and I like them both. Also got a few soul records by a bloke called Watson who named himself after the film.

Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by babycart View Post
      I've got a flamenco/rumba version and a Brazilian jungle EZ version, and I like them both. Also got a few soul records by a bloke called Watson who named himself after the film.

Thanks for those Babycart - will be checking them out later.

Anymore for anymore anyone?

I was convinced that The Three Suns must have done a version - but it seems not.

Comment

Well on the francophonist side of things, Magali did it with Michel Legrand, then Michel did it it once more but solo with bongos...

... And since you've asked for accordion sound me has found this one :
        Click image for larger version

Name:	45633.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	1040583Click image for larger version

Name:	45634.jpg
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	1040584

See Rudy, who was most probably called Léon or Marcel, heading his cool lookin' combo from Amiens (that's tour Perret on the cover, not Manhattan) & recorded his own Johny Guitare (sic)in 1966, in Lille. .
        I would not recommend trying to get this one anyway as it's more believably sung Yvette Giraud's way.
        But if you don't mind Johnny Thunders or Anne Pigalle, just click on this one.
        http://www.musicme.com/Magali-Noel/v...D5A4F7441.html

Comment

Originally posted by collectionneur maniaque View Post
          Well on the francophonist side of things, Magali did it with Michel Legrand, then Michel did it it once more but solo with bongos...

... And since you've asked for accordion sound me has found this one :
          Click image for larger version

Name:	45633.jpg
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	1040583Click image for larger version

Name:	45634.jpg
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	1040584

See Rudy, who was most probably called Léon or Marcel, heading his cool lookin' combo from Amiens (that's tour Perret on the cover, not Manhattan) & recorded his own Johny Guitare (sic)in 1966, in Lille. .
          I would not recommend trying to get this one anyway as it's more believably sung Yvette Giraud's way.
          But if you don't mind Johnny Thunders or Anne Pigalle, just click on this one.
          http://www.musicme.com/Magali-Noel/v...D5A4F7441.html
          These all sound interesting CM, especially the Rudy Coplas version. My Dad had (unsurprsingly) quite a few accordion LPs in his modest record collection - one of them was by Monsieur Coplas! I wonder if that version was the inspiration for my Dad's take on it - hard to tell as frustratingly there seems to be nothing by Rudy Coplas on youtube. He is also mysteriously absent from Discogs...

Comment

Originally posted by SirSlim View Post

He is also mysteriously absent from Discogs...
            There's a track from Rudy's EP that you can listen to here :

http://www.bide-et-musique.com/song/14926.html#resultat

One copy for sale there :

http://www.priceminister.com/s/rudy+...#xtatc=INT-601

Comment

Working...
            X