Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customs charges to Germany

Folks

Does anyone know the current limit on the value of records you can send to Germany from outside of Europe before they get a hefty customs charge on them?

I've had sellers in the past who were very pissed off at having to pay these kind of charges, although when I sell stuff, I *always* ask if the buyer has any extra instructions.

The buyer has paid, and is being so to reply, but I know how much I would hate to have to pay this kind of penalty, so I'm waiting for answer ...

In the meantime I'd like to ask for concrete info from any of you, especially anyone who lives in Germany, and actually knows what happens.

Thanks

Turbo
    "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

45 euro, I believe, and declare it as a gift.

Lots of info here:

http://www.zoll.de/EN/Private-indivi...axes_node.html

ps. Dutch customs & excise came up with the brilliant idea of including postage costs in the calculation of overall value (imagine that being your contribution to mankind). I'm not sure if you run this risk in Germany but the way round it is to use barcode stickers instead of stamps showing face value.
    Dave Lee Roth, I Too Am Running With This Devil Of Which You Speak (sic)

Comment

Originally posted by Milesago View Post
      45 euro, I believe, and declare it as a gift.

Lots of info here:

http://www.zoll.de/EN/Private-indivi...axes_node.html

ps. Dutch customs & excise came up with the brilliant idea of including postage costs in the calculation of overall value (imagine that being your contribution to mankind). I'm not sure if you run this risk in Germany but the way round it is to use barcode stickers instead of stamps showing face value.
      Thanks very much for the info.
      I finally got a reply from the buyer. He said: "Just send it"
      And as they say in Japan: "The customer is God." so that's exactly what I'll do.
      I'm expecting another irate tirade after he gets stung by customs ... maybe he's a customs officer ...
      "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

Originally posted by Turboellis View Post

Thanks very much for the info.
        I finally got a reply from the buyer. He said: "Just send it"
        And as they say in Japan: "The customer is God." so that's exactly what I'll do.
        I'm expecting another irate tirade after he gets stung by customs ... maybe he's a customs officer ...
        I wish it was 45 euro here, and that UK post was as cheap as German post. I bet that don't have the trumped up handling charge either.
        "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Working...
        X