CBS releases in the UK. Please help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBS releases in the UK. Please help.

Can someone put me out of my misery? Have you ever seen Blue Oyster Cult’s Tyranny and Mutation and Aerosmith’s Toys in the Attic on the original red CBS label as opposed to the later orange sunburst label. According to company archives they were released but I’ve never seen them. I have the BoC one only as a Dutch release.

Not sure what you mean by 'the original red CBS label'. If you mean the single colour deep orange label there's someone on discogs who says of the BOC release, "I have a UK copy on orange CBS that doesn't seem to be listed here - any ideas"?
    "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Thanks. I’ve not used discogs. Is it any good?

Comment

Originally posted by Hugobear View Post
        Can someone put me out of my misery? Have you ever seen Blue Oyster Cult’s Tyranny and Mutation and Aerosmith’s Toys in the Attic on the original red CBS label as opposed to the later orange sunburst label. According to company archives they were released but I’ve never seen them. I have the BoC one only as a Dutch release.
        I have both original UK issues, BOC on "red" although it is more orange than red, but it's not the several shades of yellow/orange of the later label. All of the Toys.. albums I've seen are the yellow/orange, including my UK original, except the 1981 Nice Price reissue that reverts to the original early full red style for some reason!

Comment

Originally posted by Hugobear View Post
          Thanks. I’ve not used discogs. Is it any good?
          For sure; you need to get on there. I think you'll find most people on here spend a lot of time there- even if it's just for information. Scroll to the bottom of this.
          .https://www.discogs.com/The-Blue-%C3...release/423459
          "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Many thanks. Great stuff. If anyone wants to sell Tyranny on the original CBS label I’d be hugely interested.

Comment

Working...
            X