pvc sleeves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pvc sleeves

looking for a load of 7" sleeves, which do you recommend?
    instagram.com/vinylhoard

https://www.soundswholesaleltd.co.uk/ were fine when I used them, free p+p too.
    'I have avoided competitive situations because I am not a baboon'

Comment

i found a load cheap on Amazon
      is it worth putting albums in sleeves?

ive always not used sleeves after an original track Electric ladyland got stuck in a sleeve and i cant get it out without ripping the cover off.
      instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

Originally posted by Paul-K View Post
        i found a load cheap on Amazon
        is it worth putting albums in sleeves?

ive always not used sleeves after an original track Electric ladyland got stuck in a sleeve and i cant get it out without ripping the cover off.
        I think you're talking about PVC sleeves- the old thick plastic types. You mentioned those in your first post but I just assumed you meant polythene, the thinner more flexible stuff that most sleeves are made of now, which so far as I know doesn't present the same problem.
        "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

also PVC sleeves can ruin vinyl through "off gassing". Gives it a funny haze and constant hiss if left in the PVC sleeve for long enough without being removed.

Comment

ok cool,
            do you all have sleeves on albums?
            instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

Originally posted by Paul-K View Post
              ok cool,
              do you all have sleeves on albums?
              yes , for two reasons, I never put the vinyl back in the cover always put it in the poly sleeve, in its inner sleeve of course,, easier to get in and out, and secondly I've got cats , claw related

Comment

I have some in and some out. If a sleeve looks a bit delicate maybe, laminate peeling, limp cover, that kind of thing.
                "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

I've been organising my collection and putting albums into poly sleeves. And getting vexed with my US records where tiny bits seem to flake off the spine every time you take it in and out... Did they not think people might still be enjoying these things in 50 years time?!
                  Club stuff: www.facebook.com/DivineGlasgow

Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/andrewdivine/

Photos: www.instagram.com/divine_glasgow/

Comment

I always use the Sleeve City Ultimate outer sleeves - they seem a lot clearer than the other sleeves I've used. Plus, you can get them on Amazon in the US, which is convenient for me.

Comment

Working...
                    X