Dirty Record Cleaner - Klaudio Ultrasonic video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dirty Record Cleaner - Klaudio Ultrasonic video

yes, hello, I had to post this. I've been looking at Ultrasonic record cleaners - I don't want one but I think they are quite interesting. The Klaudio Ultrasonic is the best of the best, and comes in (USA price) at $5K. I then started looking at videos - so now watch this and remember that it's a $5K machine. Someone should possibly have invested in another kind of cleaner before spending $5K on a Klaudio.
    Tune in to OST on Resonance 104.4FM. Saturdays at 4.30pm, and now podcast legally too! Film music, TV music, rare library recordings special guests and anything to do with soundtracks. Listen on-line at www.resonancefm.com

Take your point Mr T, but at least he didn't smoke and I saw no evidence of pets. To be honest, having taken a critical look at my own gaff this morning, I'm hardly without sin myself on this front and so will not be doing any stone casting. Indeed I'm off out to buy an external optical drive as my failure to keep dust out of my internal one has led to it's early demise. Hopefully this can be sorted for 40 or 50 quid rather than the 4 or 5 grand our hero has outlaid for a machine which appears to move muck from one part of your record to another just as effectively as giving it a good rubdown with a microfibre cloth would have - but of course, without any meaningful before/after comparison of the record it's impossible to tell. I'm glad he's happy with the build quality though - there may well be a follow up video where he puts this to the test by throwing it out of an upstairs window in a fit of uncontrolled rage....
    you can hear colours when they rhyme...

Comment

After watching that video I skimmed through a few more, in particular the ones on how to build your own ultrasonic cleaner, and discovered the following secret weapon in one of them:

Click image for larger version

Name:	record-cleaning-brush.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	1041451

Dave Lee Roth, I Too Am Running With This Devil Of Which You Speak (sic)

Comment

Might build my own using a vibrator and microfibre cloth.
        'I have avoided competitive situations because I am not a baboon'

Comment

Originally posted by Milesago View Post
          After watching that video I skimmed through a few more, in particular the ones on how to build your own ultrasonic cleaner, and discovered the following secret weapon in one of them:
          What brand of toothpaste is the best to use with that?

"White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

Originally posted by Turboellis View Post

I'm preparing a mimeograph pamphlet on the subject as we speak, the latest in a series:

Experiments Resulting In The Accidental Destruction Of Gramophone Records, Part IV: Toothpaste.

Comment

Swarfvega.

Comment

Originally posted by Milesago View Post

I'm preparing a mimeograph pamphlet on the subject as we speak, the latest in a series:

Experiments Resulting In The Accidental Destruction Of Gramophone Records, Part IV: Toothpaste.
                Here's my 50p, please send me one.

Comment

Originally posted by Davedave View Post

Swarfvega.
                  My hips are tingling. Is that OK?

Comment

Here's my 50p, please send me one.
                    It's not for sale. Promo only.
                    To secure a copy, please post a photo of yourself holding thee vinyltandpasta grail of grails...

Name:	rastakrautpasta.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	1041524

Comment

Italo disco toothpaste is rubbish for cleaning records.

Name:	https%3A%2F%2Fimages.genius.com%2Fb3b705d935770400a076596f0ed836b2.1000x1000x1.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	1041526
                      Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

My hips are tingling. Is that OK?
                        Sure sign that you are doing it right. I use it for everything from cleaning records to lube.

Comment

Take your point Mr T, but at least he didn't smoke and I saw no evidence of pets.

A dog can clearly be heard barking right at the end of the video, just after he analyses the suspended particulate matter in the liquid.
                          To be honest, I was barking by then, too.
                          Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

To be fair BC, I only claimed to see no evidence of pets - by the end of the video, I'd long since stopped listening - maybe it was the barking that woke me up actually....
                            you can hear colours when they rhyme...

Comment

Working...
                            X