Record Store Day 2018 release list

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Turboellis View Post
    Re-issue of DAVID AXELROD Song Of Innocence ... a 2nd hand copy will cost you upwards of 30 quid

I'd love to know where you can get a decent copy of the 1968 original for £30. In fact this RSD release will be retailing for around that much:
    https://www.banquetrecords.com/david...ence/NA5165-LP

it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
    take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Comment

i think it's the 2000 reissue that is going for that now

Comment

Just noticed the folk album Michael Raven and Joan Mills "Death and the Lady" is getting a Sunbeam LP reissue. Not sure I'm a big fan of her voice though.

Comment

Originally posted by Saint Jude View Post

I'd love to know where you can get a decent copy of the 1968 original for £30. In fact this RSD release will be retailing for around that much:
          £30 .... that is EXPENSIVE ... I just picked up a re-issue copy from Yahoo Auctions for about 7 quid.
          "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

LASER PACE GRANDFALOON IS WORTH AN INVESTIGATION..... Used to be a cheapie but has gone up in price ,plus the original press was paper thing, so nice to get a heavy duty playout
            sigpicRock on Penderyn

Comment

Originally posted by Boi Bach o Bethel View Post
              LASER PACE GRANDFALOON IS WORTH AN INVESTIGATION..... Used to be a cheapie but has gone up in price ,plus the original press was paper thing, so nice to get a heavy duty playout
              Hmmm. Try before you buy would be my advice. The entire album is online:

Dave Lee Roth, I Too Am Running With This Devil Of Which You Speak (sic)

Comment

I'll be hitting up the usual haunt this year. Normally get what I'm after. Quite a few tempting me this year. Cuby is high on the list. Changes, Nazz, Open Mind with 7", Got an og of The End, but might get the double because I'm a sad old git. Come to think of it, that's probably the main reason I'm still going to this sort of thing at all!
                Everyone tear down your own little wall
                That keeps you from being a part of it all
                Because you've got to be one with the one and all
                You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

Aren't the queues mental at your spot TB?

Comment

Just saw the Chris Bell 45 reissue today, looks good. Weird that this RSD has so much good stuff, last few were terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by bongolia View Post
                      Creation Rebel - Dub From Creation is good

also I might check out those Soul Jazz 7s boxes
                      Apparently they have form for "these will never be repressed" becoming "due to demand these have been re-pressed".
                      Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

Soul Jazz have form? I can’t really comment on that, if you mean them but their limited release runs of those unreleased studio one jams is poor. I’m not sure what the reason is for pressing so few. Well, presumably it’s to build demand for the 7 box they’re releasing which collects them all. Still poor though. And the pizza box versions of them are ridiculous. This country, etc.
                        Last edited by J.R; 16-04-2018, 07:28 PM. Reason: shit spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Saint Jude View Post

I paid 1000 yen (about 7 quid) for this version recently:
                          https://www.discogs.com/David-Axelro...elease/1679228

It sounds fine ...
                          "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

Originally posted by J.R View Post
                            Soul Jazz have form? I can’t really comment on that, if you mean them but their limited release runs of those unreleased studio one jams is poor. I’m not sure what the reason is for pressing so few. Well, presumably it’s to build demand for the 7 box they’re releasing which collects them all. Still poor though. And the pizza box versions of them are ridiculous. This country, etc.
                            Last year a record shop guy who is a bit reggae head was telling me that they had done Studio 1 boxes previously which were meant to be a one off but which got repressed. Can't speak to the veracity of that but its what I heard. Given that I was looking at them he had ever incentive to try and hype them and wasn't doing so.
                            Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

Abbey road mix of the Amorphous Androgynous's "The Issness" might push some of my buttons.

John Peel

Comment

Originally posted by Viva Chiba View Post
                                Interesting post apocalyptic series too, dvd well worth a watch! Some of it filmed near to my former Bristol digs. I'd also like to read the novel. There is a BBC 45 of the theme, but it's pretty scarce and reasonably pricey when it turns up.
                                Oddly they essentially filmed the novels in reverse order starting with the final and least interesting of the three, The Devil's Children. IMO after an interesting first episode the next couple seem to plod along a little but momentum and interest pick up again for the rest of the series until the series finale which they botch by deliberately deviating from the source (book one: The Weathermonger)

The Changes 7" is actually two specially edited suites of music from the series rather than individual tracks. Wonder if these will be included in this form on the soundtrack release? The a side however has been re-released on the 2008 Radiophonic Workshop: A Retrospective CD set and the 1975 Music From BBC Children's Programmes LP.

Comment

Working...
                                X