do you like flat your records?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do you like flat your records?

while surfing the auction sites in japan, i found a listing for flattening warped records with this thing ...

is it nice or not nice?

the price is ok, 500 yen ... no indication of success rate ...

a last resort maybe
    "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

http://www.orb.co.jp/audio/products/df01i.html

Comment

I think you missed a few zeros off the price - 85,000 yen - (tax excluded) - that's about 650 Euros - pile of book and wait seems a bit cheaper ;-)
      "It's all just one big plastic hassle..." - Psych-Out

Comment

Sorry, the 500 yen is the price for them to flatten 1 record ...

I wish a pile of books would do the trick ... I think it rarely does ...

Anyone have any experience of this particular disk torture machine?

Comment

I have a good success rate with a black marble plate and glass combination here on my balcony. Only works on very hot days though but that is usually enough for the 4-5 warped records I pick up over the year.

There are two different kind of warps.
          A heat warp on records that were exposed to the sun too long and pressure warps that you wold find on records that were badly stored. The first one is easily reversed by heating the record back up while flattening it. The second one takes a bit of practice but can still leave your record off centre even if its flat.
          All the Wolpertingers

Comment

My mistake - I missed the 500 yen bit - for 3.70 Euros it would be worth trying one that was well wobbly and worth not too much just to see what they can do...

The pile of books (a stack of hard back coffee table numbers) effort takes a few months... and works at times... If I had a balcony I'd give the glass plate ago...

"It's all just one big plastic hassle..." - Psych-Out

Comment

I tried the glass thing. Glass table, record and a heavy glass plate on top of that. Left it out in the sun on a very hot day for a few hours. Didn't help one bit.

I gave up on it after that.

I think clearaudio also has a record flattener. A hifi dealer I know has one and he has two warped records and a warped single of mine atm. Will report back when I get them back, but he claims it works like a charm.

Comment

I think its the black marble plate that does the job. Gets really hot on a good day. MAybe the UK summers are just bad though.
                All the Wolpertingers

Comment

Working...
                X