Change the forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change the forum

I think there are 16 sub forums on this site.

As most people have buggered off to facebook and instagram (aside from when Ben posts freebies and they all come out of the woodwork ) can I suggest we scrap most of these and only have 'general chat' and 'trades/wants'

That might liven things up a little bit.
    it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
    take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

You could have a point there. There are certainly a few sub-forums that could go. How about if we have a forum called 'Instagram'? They'd all come flooding back. I'm not very technically minded; I can build a wall, fix a dishwasher, make books, build things with wood and tools, and so on, but I can't press buttons to make things happen on a computer. Wouldn't this require someone with computer knowledge?
    We'd have to have some sort of Poll, I guess. All I do when I come on here is see what I haven't read and read it, irrespective of which thread it's in. Someone said recently shouldn't the finds be in recent finds thread and It had never even crossed my mind there was even such a thing as a recent finds thread.
    "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

I'd also support merging a few of the other forums back in. I like the separate forum for the 'finds' and the events/record fairs, the rest I'd be happy to see back in the main mix.

Comment

where has everyone gone?
        instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

I never really liked the separation between the main forum and the NRR stuff. I think it was more fun when it was all chucked in together.
          Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

I don't know. I can barely formulate my own preferences. As to commenting on how those who have moved on might respond...

Comment

Originally posted by Saint Jude View Post
              I think there are 16 sub forums on this site.

As most people have buggered off to facebook and instagram (aside from when Ben posts freebies and they all come out of the woodwork ) can I suggest we scrap most of these and only have 'general chat' and 'trades/wants'

That might liven things up a little bit.
              I'm not sure reducing the number of sub-forums will help in drawing back those who have deserted us (mentioning no names here Alanmck ) - surely the beauty of this place is the fact that you have to make a conscious effort to come here and it is not ubiquitous (like the upstart so called "social" media sites)?

Comment

Quite like the idea of the 'talk' sections being merged. The other areas like trades seem pretty logical as they are.
                "THIS IS A FINE TAPE AND BRINGS BACK MEMORIES OF YESTERYEAR WHEN THE MUSIC WORLD WAS GOOD AND NOT FOULED UP BY THE LONG HAIR SCURVES WHO JUST BEAT WILDLY ON ANYTHING AND COME UP WITH A LOT OF STUPID NOISE THat only damnfools and liars say they like it"

Comment

Absolutely in favour of having as few forums as possible. That would make it easier.

People use Facebook and Instagram because they are easy (and somehow less permanent then here?).
                  Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

Originally posted by SirSlim View Post

I'm not sure reducing the number of sub-forums will help in drawing back those who have deserted us (mentioning no names here Alanmck ) - surely the beauty of this place is the fact that you have to make a conscious effort to come here and it is not ubiquitous (like the upstart so called "social" media sites)?
                    I'm not sure the idea is to draw people back. You can't usually reverse any trend; once somethings gone it's gone. The only exception is if there's money to be made out of it, then it will miraculously reappear- like the vynils boom.
                    By the way SS, I watched that 'Shadows' film last night. Superb, Pullmydaisytastic. Made me nostalgic for the days when you could see Cassavetes films on telly, and Godard, and Fassbinder, and Marcel Carne... That won't come back either, not with the Netflix generation.

Comment

Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post
                      By the way SS, I watched that 'Shadows' film last night. Superb, Pullmydaisytastic. Made me nostalgic for the days when you could see Cassavetes films on telly, and Godard, and Fassbinder, and Marcel Carne... That won't come back either, not with the Netflix generation.
                      When Lovefilm came along (and more recently Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc) I'd hoped it would make the "long tail" film stuff more accessible, but it doesn't seem to have happened - there's some interesting things here and there (and on random cable channels like London Live), but mostly everything's moved towards over-production of over-long TV series.

Comment

Merge!
                        All the Wolpertingers

Comment

Originally posted by bongolia View Post

When Lovefilm came along (and more recently Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc) I'd hoped it would make the "long tail" film stuff more accessible, but it doesn't seem to have happened - there's some interesting things here and there (and on random cable channels like London Live), but mostly everything's moved towards over-production of over-long TV series.
                          I'm sure that all these services which claim to have everything you want just have everything they want you to want. One of the kids was back a couple of weeks ago and asked if he could watch the last series of 'Detectorists' on my DVD because he hadn't seen it. 'What about your Netflix'? 'It's not on Netflix yet'. 'Oh really, so they don't have everything then'. 32 nil to me, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post

I'm not sure the idea is to draw people back. You can't usually reverse any trend; once somethings gone it's gone. The only exception is if there's money to be made out of it, then it will miraculously reappear- like the vynils boom.
                            Try www.mubi.com it is what you keen for...
                            Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

Originally posted by eine View Post

Try www.mubi.com it is what you keen for...
                              But it's £100 a year and I'm a skinflint. I just remember when it was normal for this stuff to be on terrestrial telly but now they'd like you to pay for everything separately. I can't stand the idea of 'choice'. Choice is a myth cooked up by Governments and advertisers. To me it always comes down to having no choice. I'm a crusty old bugger and no mistake. I want to go back to ploughing with horses.

Comment

Working...
                              X