Spinal Pap

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spinal Pap

Two copies of Haydn's "Nelson Mass", indistinguishable to the untrained eye. Actually one is a first press, with oval Argo logo on the label; the other a later press with square Argo logo. But here's the real reason that I'm so pleased to finally find the first press:

Haydn's name mis-spelled on the spine on the later edition peeved me every time I saw it.

Is there similar spinal pap that plagues you?

Got anything by Handle?

Spines with the text the "wrong" way are annoying - both on books and records. Got a few old paperbacks with the text printed bottom to top and a few LPs (reissue of Eden Ahbez is like that, not sure if original does or not). I think bottom-to-top is more common in other countries/languages, in books anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by bongolia View Post
      Got anything by Handle?

Spines with the text the "wrong" way are annoying - both on books and records. Got a few old paperbacks with the text printed bottom to top and a few LPs (reissue of Eden Ahbez is like that, not sure if original does or not). I think bottom-to-top is more common in other countries/languages, in books anyway?
      Top to bottom works when books or records are stacked flat, face up.
      I've been told that the reason why they do bottom-to-top in Spain /Germany etc is that it makes browsing a shelf more like reading an ordered list , which you always do downwards on the page.
      I've noticed my own book browsing styles change according to country. In Spain you tilt your head left and you're ahead of the books you're looking at; in Britain you look right and stay right.

Vardy.....¬°¬°¬°PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bongolia View Post
        Got anything by Handle?
        Fork Handle?

'I have avoided competitive situations because I am not a baboon'

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	2
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	1042773Click image for larger version