Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 Reissues

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2018 Reissues

    I suppose no one has started a 2018 thread yet because of how many reissues are flying out these days.

    Kicking off with

    Click image for larger version

Name:	R-11345779-1515872215-2036.jpeg.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	145.7 KB
ID:	1042780

    Released on Sundazed, who claim to source their reissues from original master tapes. I don't have anything released on sundazed but they did reissue the 2nd Ultimate Spinach LP, Behold and See, last year, which I have an original pressing of. If anyone can comment on their released please do.


    Click image for larger version

Name:	R-11889255-1524178152-5149.jpeg.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	174.5 KB
ID:	1042781

    Now-Again records reissue. Wonder how this pressing sounds.

    Also Ruby Andrews - Black Ruby has been reissued by some label called Everland....

    Click image for larger version

Name:	a3092323496_10.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	1042782

    https://preschmedia.bandcamp.com/alb...p-cd-1972-2018

    Can someone please confirm if this is legit? I hope it is. I have wanted a legit copy of this for quite some time now.


    Also, something out of the blue from Brooklyn label, Nature Sounds....

    Click image for larger version

Name:	R-11221911-1521033200-2944.jpeg.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	1042783

    A nice surprise, also curious to know how good this sounds too.






  • #2
    Is this forum dead? By this time last year there was 8 pages in the reissues thread. Sighs, I feel so sad and lonely here sometimes, if it wasnt for headlessmermaid, sirslim, shere khan, Turbo and Amidar I don't know what I would do. *sobs*.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by stylesforfree View Post


      Click image for larger version

Name:	a3092323496_10.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	1042782

      https://preschmedia.bandcamp.com/alb...p-cd-1972-2018

      Can someone please confirm if this is legit? I hope it is. I have wanted a legit copy of this for quite some time now.
      There doesn't seem to be any definitive answer to this. As many people say yes as say no. What you really need is someone like Strata East's licence holders to say, "Yes, we did loan them the master tapes for 'Izipho Zam' ", but I've never seen anything like that. Discogs haven't blacklisted them- but they haven't blacklisted Light Sounds Dark either and they are clearly 'unofficial'. I bet someone like Jazzman Gerald has the inside story on this.


      I'm afraid I've been putting reissues into new release threads. As you say, no shortage of reissues these days- often very expensive, though.
      "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by stylesforfree View Post
        Is this forum dead? .
        I wouldn't go that far - maybe mildly unwell?

        Comment


        • #5
          Ah ok, so mods feel free to delete this thread I will move my post to the new releases. Mildly unwell it is, I hope we can feed it up and get it back up on its legs.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by stylesforfree View Post
            Ah ok, so mods feel free to delete this thread I will move my post to the new releases. Mildly unwell it is, I hope we can feed it up and get it back up on its legs.
            No, we probably should have a thread for reissues- it's easy to miss these things with everything that's coming down the pipe.
            "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

            Comment


            • #7
              Holy moly! Look what's just been reissued by bongo's

              Click image for larger version  Name:	R-2654296-1295139714.jpeg.jpg Views:	1 Size:	35.1 KB ID:	1043405

              On a side note, mr bongos also have that ruby andrews in stock, does that equate to anything? Does it clear up the possibility of it being a bootleg?

              Comment


              • #8
                Mr Bongo are also selling this, Polydor Japan reissue of Azimuth's first proper EP. Expensive but great. Bit cheaper to get it straight from Japan, like what I done.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post

                  There doesn't seem to be any definitive answer to this. As many people say yes as say no. What you really need is someone like Strata East's licence holders to say, "Yes, we did loan them the master tapes for 'Izipho Zam' ", but I've never seen anything like that. Discogs haven't blacklisted them- but they haven't blacklisted Light Sounds Dark either and they are clearly 'unofficial'. I bet someone like Jazzman Gerald has the inside story on this.


                  I'm afraid I've been putting reissues into new release threads. As you say, no shortage of reissues these days- often very expensive, though.
                  I caught some tracks from this after letting youtube run on from playing some of her Zodiac 45s to a friend. Amazing stuff - didn't know it exsisted..only have a few 45's.
                  www.raysmith.bz

                  www.mixcloud.com/COSMICSLOP/

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    http://i63.tinypic.com/2u587eu.jpg

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Judy Collins Wildflowers (50th Anniversary)(Yellow Mono Vinyl)
                      Quite tempted. I'm very fond of that album (though I gave my copy away before I realized how good it was ...)
                      ​​​​​​​I'll pick up a cheap copy from you know where ...

                      "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        This looks appealing for my current rabbit hole. : https://daveevans.bandcamp.com/album...rds-in-between already for sale in some places, well one at least.
                        Mixes, Music: https://www.mixcloud.com/amitron_7/

                        Music: https://blackmoofou.bandcamp.com/

                        Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL1...bw92ZSjvLMZKlQ

                        Latest Infant Project: https://soundcloud.com/bcmf

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by amidar View Post
                          This looks appealing for my current rabbit hole. : https://daveevans.bandcamp.com/album...rds-in-between already for sale in some places, well one at least.


                          I'm trying to work out if he's sitting crosslegged on the ground, just behind the crest of the hill,
                          or is he walking towards that crest? The purple grass obscures his legs.

                          Is he walking away from the girl because she said something derogatory about his plucking?
                          Or is he singing a love song to her but is too shy to face her?
                          Wait a sec, is she simply the backing singer?

                          YAWN.
                          Dave Lee Roth, I Too Am Running With This Devil Of Which You Speak (sic)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by SirSlim View Post
                            I wouldn't go that far - maybe mildly unwell?
                            My impression was that things were picking up slightly.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Grim Lounge Cowboy View Post

                              slightly.
                              That's about right
                              "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X