Date advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Date advice

So, there is a person who is shaping up to be of romantic interest to you. For this occasion you think that there might be a question of time being spent in your pad. What will the soundtrack be, if any?

Please first provide whatever contextual details you think are needed to explain your choices.

Leap up and down and wave your knickers in the air by St Cecilia. That should break the ice.
    eat chocolate-creams with the appetite of a blase parrot. H H Munro.

Comment

Some slick 80s fashion funk to set the mood while I pour the wine and she inspects my bookshelves, I think.Cameo should do the job.

Candlelight, wine, fine seafood and Jon Lucien.

Dinner's over. It's time for the sofa and Tania Maria, who never fails.

Sometimes I wish I was still single.

Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

I hope she swallows your oysters, babycart.

I asked my wife what she would play and she said D'Angelo, Jill Scott or Darondo.

She's currently watching Rick and Morty on Netflix whilst doing the ironing. I'm sure the seduction will begin very soon.

Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

Before arrival of said interest, put on Lowrell's "Mellow Mellow Right On". This will give you enough time to select the exact amount of wax needed for your chest hair. Not too much.. not too little.

Remember to walk past a full length mirror and catch yourself glancing at your bad self to double check the glisten.
          When you hear that door bell <<DINGGG DOONGGG>>] slip on Body and Soul's 'As Time Goes On', lean against a wall and say... "it's open"

Comment

Some Scandinavian women interpret mellow soul as straight lovemaking music to the point that it will backfire and make you look clumsy or sleazy. Don't ask me how I know.

So, to answer the question just play some common radio crap, pray the chemistry is right, the stars line up and hope for the best.
            LOST SOUNDTRACKS Mixtape

HOLDBAR HIP HOP Podcast

BUSYBODY FILMS

Comment

Originally posted by eine View Post
              I hope she swallows your oysters, babycart.

I asked my wife what she would play and she said D'Angelo, Jill Scott or Darondo.

She's currently watching Rick and Morty on Netflix whilst doing the ironing. I'm sure the seduction will begin very soon.

Genuine laugh out loud moment!
              some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Originally posted by Headless mermaid View Post
                Some Scandinavian women interpret mellow soul as straight lovemaking music to the point that it will backfire and make you look clumsy or sleazy.
                This is terrible news. What the hell am I supposed to play to casually hint that I'm hot just like an oven and need some lovin'?
                I'm glad I'm not single now.

Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Nice touch there with the 'waterbed' video effect on the Tania Maria track.

Comment

Any Julie London - but this one in particular:

Comment

I think I'd give this a go. maybe I'd learn it and sing it 'neath her window. Probably better to just stick with the record, though. I'm not sure that serenading below windows cuts much ice anymore.

"You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

[QUOTE=Shere Khan;n1043056]I think I'd give this a go. maybe I'd learn it and sing it 'neath her window. Probably better to just stick with the record, though. I'm not sure that serenading below windows cuts much ice anymore.

It never fails, SK, but you need a decent backing band.

Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

He's called in a lot of favours in that second video. I don't even know that many people. He's trying too hard; she won't respect him for that.

I think I'd be a little more Kenneth Connor in Carry On Cruising. If it doesn't work I can always come crawling back to Mrs Shere Khan. She'll kick up a fuss but it'll die down after about three years.

"You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

I assuming that musical taste and record collecting will have been raised at an earlier stage.

When the person of interest arrives there will be a range to choose from. There will be a couple of things that fit his/her tastes, or are close to them. S/he will be invited to make a selection. 'No music' being an option.

You don't want to appear obsessive about these things.

Comment

I put on some Crazy Cavan and if she doesn't get it, wrong girl.
                              Find yourself a rainbow, a song a day and you won't grow old.

Comment

Working...
                              X