Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a Trunk Francy-Boland LP coming out or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a Trunk Francy-Boland LP coming out or not?

Well?
    "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

yes, there is. I have pressed it but the sleeves have been messed up (it came in sleeves without spines for some odd reason so the vinyl would split them in seconds), so just waiting for the new sleeves to arrive. Should be soon.
    Tune in to OST on Resonance 104.4FM. Saturdays at 4.30pm, and now podcast legally too! Film music, TV music, rare library recordings special guests and anything to do with soundtracks. Listen on-line at www.resonancefm.com

Comment

Thanks! Looking forward to it. Is it a straight re-issue or a comp? Are we allowed to know?

Comment

and where did you get them plastic stiffeners from?
        instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

Originally posted by Paul-K View Post
          and where did you get them plastic stiffeners from?
          I thought "cool, plastic stiffeners" and then thought "wait a minute, this is very environmentally uncool, what's wrong with cardboard stiffeners?" That's what I thought.

I'm now thinking "wonder what's gonna be on this Francy Boland" album? Putting two and two together, I've got an idea - but am likely totally wrong.

Club stuff: www.facebook.com/DivineGlasgow

Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/andrewdivine/

Photos: www.instagram.com/divine_glasgow/

Comment

compilation innit
            Tune in to OST on Resonance 104.4FM. Saturdays at 4.30pm, and now podcast legally too! Film music, TV music, rare library recordings special guests and anything to do with soundtracks. Listen on-line at www.resonancefm.com

Comment

Originally posted by The Divine One View Post

I thought "cool, plastic stiffeners" and then thought "wait a minute, this is very environmentally uncool, what's wrong with cardboard stiffeners?" That's what I thought.
              You’re worried about environmentally uncool plastic stiffeners (I assume they’re the lightweight corrugated reconstituted plastic stiffeners) yet you’re happy to buy plenty of new Polyvinyl Chloride records, which in comparison, are way nastier on the environment? Okaaaay....
              new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

Originally posted by Col Wolfe View Post

You’re worried about environmentally uncool plastic stiffeners (I assume they’re the lightweight corrugated reconstituted plastic stiffeners) yet you’re happy to buy plenty of new Polyvinyl Chloride records, which in comparison, are way nastier on the environment? Okaaaay....

I'm guessing the lightweight corrugated reconstituted plastic stiffeners will be consigned to the bin by someone at some point, whereas the Polyvinyl Chloride records won't?

Or it could be like the two elderly sisters who've exchanged the same Christmas card for 86 years and they could stay in circulation indefinitely, being forever passed from one collector to the next

North of the River Cole

Comment

Originally posted by RedX View Post
                  I'm guessing the lightweight corrugated reconstituted plastic stiffeners will be consigned to the bin by someone at some point, whereas the Polyvinyl Chloride records won't?

Or it could be like the two elderly sisters who've exchanged the same Christmas card for 86 years and they could stay in circulation indefinitely, being forever passed from one collector to the next

At some point, maybe? But don’t most of us reuse packaging? The majority of packages I receive from non-businesses certainly seem to sport a travel history.

If I wanted to make high-horse comments about packaging, or indeed records, I would feel hypocritical being involved in the process and would use non-hard format sources to obtain music.

This isn’t a slight at the OP but a general feeling/observation.

new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

A post about an interesting new comp from a great label/long time board member becomes a passive aggressive exchange about packaging...Just can't understand why people don't post so much here anymore.

I'm still thinking "wonder what's gonna be on this Francy Boland" album?
                    www.raysmith.bz

www.mixcloud.com/COSMICSLOP/

Comment

Originally posted by DRSMITH View Post
                      I'm still thinking "wonder what's gonna be on this Francy Boland" album?
                      Well, it's a comp, but here's hoping there'll be some juicy morsels we haven't heard before ...

Comment

Wish i knew where the stiffeners came from, they are pretty cool and lighter than the ultra thick cardboard ones I'm using
                        instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

Originally posted by DRSMITH View Post
                          Just can't understand why people don't post so much here anymore.
                          I doubt that's to do with the endless bickering and rows on this board. To be honest, we haven't had a decent for ages.

I don't think there was any high-horse stuff, either. People just think about plastic a bit more these days. Whales probably don't have much to worry about from plastic stiffeners, but cardboard's probably still better in that regard.

I still want to know what Francy Boland was doing with psych/jazz/Jess & James/ Rock Slides enigma Scott Bradford. There's a lovely Bradford-composed modal track called A Girl as Mad as Birds on the Flirt & Dream lp.

Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

I cant wait to read Cols comeback once his solar panels have charged his phone.
                            All the Wolpertingers

Comment

Originally posted by babycart View Post

Whales probably don't have much to worry about from plastic stiffeners, but cardboard's probably still better in that regard.
                              Yeah, but cardboard stiffeners would get wet and fall apart when they pack their LP's, so really, whales should go with the plastic one's.

Comment

Working...
                              X