Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it me? Flippers...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Is it me? Flippers...

    OK so I've got a bad back and am currently grumpier than the king of grumps in grumpland, but after scouring the land for a Sainsburys that actually sold the records they were producing I bought a copy of O&O. Lovely, but when I exercised the inner geek and listed it in my collection on Discogs I noticed some chancer was trying to flog a copy for £100! So is this it? Am I finally a grumpy old bastard because this offends me mightily. I admit I'd had a good grumble about the prices in the chazza and the dearth of anything worth bending down to look at so I was already primed for indignation but.....

  • #2
    Record store day has turned things like this bad for everyone
    instagram.com/vinylhoard

    Comment


    • #3
      I hate this kind of flipping namely buying up limited runs to immediately flog at silly prices.
      Mixes, Music: https://www.mixcloud.com/amitron_7/

      Music: https://blackmoofou.bandcamp.com/

      Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL1...bw92ZSjvLMZKlQ

      Latest Infant Project: https://soundcloud.com/bcmf

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Harvey Mettle View Post
        OK so I've got a bad back and am currently grumpier than the king of grumps in grumpland, but after scouring the land for a Sainsburys that actually sold the records they were producing I bought a copy of O&O. Lovely, but when I exercised the inner geek and listed it in my collection on Discogs I noticed some chancer was trying to flog a copy for £100! So is this it? Am I finally a grumpy old bastard because this offends me mightily. I admit I'd had a good grumble about the prices in the chazza and the dearth of anything worth bending down to look at so I was already primed for indignation but.....
        Let's hope that £100 copy stays in that wanker's collection until it rots to powder ...
        "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

        Comment


        • #5
          Or explodes



          North of the River Cole

          Comment


          • #6
            Slightly off topic: is there a list of Sainsbury vinyl stockists anywhere, as I see no signs of any vinyl anywhere in the Brighton area.

            Comment


            • #7
              I discovered my 'Sainsburys' finally has records but I didn't bite but I may well have done for 'O and O'. They did have 'The Faces' albums in but I've never been a huge fan and £20 is a lot of money for an off the shelf record. I'm a tight arse I wouldn't pay 17 quid for a record the other week that I'd missed out on as I knew days earlier it was £10 direct from the label.
              Mixes, Music: https://www.mixcloud.com/amitron_7/

              Music: https://blackmoofou.bandcamp.com/

              Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL1...bw92ZSjvLMZKlQ

              Latest Infant Project: https://soundcloud.com/bcmf

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by amidar View Post
                I discovered my 'Sainsburys' finally has records but I didn't bite but I may well have done for 'O and O'. They did have 'The Faces' albums in but I've never been a huge fan and £20 is a lot of money for an off the shelf record. I'm a tight arse I wouldn't pay 17 quid for a record the other week that I'd missed out on as I knew days earlier it was £10 direct from the label.
                I presume you know there's a new Crayola Lectern LP
                "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

                Comment


                • #9
                  Yep it's on the list, out next week I think, I've not read loads into it but I shouldn't think it will be limited to 100 copies like the 'Zofff' LP.

                  Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post

                  I presume you know there's a new Crayola Lectern LP
                  Mixes, Music: https://www.mixcloud.com/amitron_7/

                  Music: https://blackmoofou.bandcamp.com/

                  Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL1...bw92ZSjvLMZKlQ

                  Latest Infant Project: https://soundcloud.com/bcmf

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    The one that stunned me was the Courtyard Music Group reissue from the band. I did the pre-order thing and got an LP and a CD, but if I knew how much the reissue LP was going to go for on the 2nd hand market, I'd have pre-ordered five of them. I still can't believe people are willing to pay that much for a reissue.
                    https://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Made the mistake of listening to the Juno soundclips and now my wallet is lighter, I hate you!

                      Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post

                      I presume you know there's a new Crayola Lectern LP
                      Mixes, Music: https://www.mixcloud.com/amitron_7/

                      Music: https://blackmoofou.bandcamp.com/

                      Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL1...bw92ZSjvLMZKlQ

                      Latest Infant Project: https://soundcloud.com/bcmf

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by amidar View Post
                        Made the mistake of listening to the Juno soundclips and now my wallet is lighter, I hate you!


                        Money well spent, I reckon.
                        "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Should be a no lose either way although it seems to have got much wider distribution than his first. I bagged a clear vinyl edition although whether they are all clear I have no idea.

                          Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post

                          Money well spent, I reckon.
                          Mixes, Music: https://www.mixcloud.com/amitron_7/

                          Music: https://blackmoofou.bandcamp.com/

                          Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL1...bw92ZSjvLMZKlQ

                          Latest Infant Project: https://soundcloud.com/bcmf

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Arrived today with a seam split on the inner and I'd scragged the last copy so got some store credit in return so all good. It's about the music after all so I'm making an early call for album of the year, for me anyway.

                            Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post

                            Money well spent, I reckon.
                            Mixes, Music: https://www.mixcloud.com/amitron_7/

                            Music: https://blackmoofou.bandcamp.com/

                            Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL1...bw92ZSjvLMZKlQ

                            Latest Infant Project: https://soundcloud.com/bcmf

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X