Best vinyl packaging for posting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best vinyl packaging for posting?

where do you get your packaging from? and if you dont post how do you like to receive?

ive been taking the record out of the sleeve and putting it in with some super thick stiffener from magtags, but they have now gone. so i need a supplier for them.
    i also bought the amazon fold over style packaging from Kite .

but im looking for alternatives as i just put a new record out and as im doing this regularly, i might as well get good packaging.
    instagram.com/vinylhoard

How close is your nearest Aldi or Lidl store? I use their cereal bot outer boxes and have found them to be successful. They are double wall and just the right size to make a cruciform form from. Due to their weight/strength combination I have found them to be ideal. Yes a little bit of cutting....but free!
    Jazz ain't dead!

Comment

not much use for sending out 200 records though, i need to buy in bulk.
      instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

Check the magtags thread in the discogs forum, someone just updated it with details of new supplier of actually stiff stiffeners (unlike the awful sounds wholesale or covers 33 ones)

Comment

Didn't the bloke from Lil Packaging come on here last time there was a similar thread and offer a discount? Did anyone take him up on it?

North of the River Cole

Comment

Originally posted by Paul-K View Post
            where do you get your packaging from? and if you dont post how do you like to receive?

ive been taking the record out of the sleeve and putting it in with some super thick stiffener from magtags, but they have now gone. so i need a supplier for them.
            i also bought the amazon fold over style packaging from Kite .

but im looking for alternatives as i just put a new record out and as im doing this regularly, i might as well get good packaging.
            Do you simply mean postage boxes to send records in? Kite is expensive imo.

I use the following:

https://www.defendapack.com/200_12_i...rs_defendapack

They're the cheapest.

Comment

Yeah, I's also go for for defendapack's mailers. But you'll need a stiffener also.

Comment

I buy a lot of LPs by mail order. I particularly like the packaging Juno Records have started using recently (see pic). When used with stiffeners these are very sturdy. Might be a tight fit for double albums though.

Comment

Originally posted by RedX View Post
                  Didn't the bloke from Lil Packaging come on here last time there was a similar thread and offer a discount? Did anyone take him up on it?
                  Yeah that was me!

No one took me up on it, but we're currently offering 12% off for subscribers to our newsletter.

Also, we've almost halved the cost of our stock range at lower volumes, including CLP bukwrap and FLP - as of Monday this week. You can get 100 FLPs now for £0.39 each + VAT and shipping UK is £3.89 24hr or free on orders over £40

Our FLP seems to take a lot of flak, not sure why as we've sold millions of them globally - but if you want bomb proof protection go for the CLP (has buffer edges, designed to carry heavy books originally). We upped the spec on the cardboard for the FLP too last year and removed capacity creases so it's slightly thicker material (only downside is it can be a tight fit for 3 LPs)

Also, we've just launched custom digital printing on the CLP and FLP with no minimum order so you can brand your mailers with colour prints/logos etc.

Comment

Working...
                  X