X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GAD Records from Poland

Anyone bought anything from this label?

http://gadrecords.pl/en/gad-records-catalogue/

I'm wondering what the quality is like and the content, for that matter.

They have some interesting looking releases ...
    "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

I have bought a couple of CDs. The "Show Band" is library funk-jazz; good, but not exceptional. The Korzynski "W Pustyni (etc.)" is a soundtrack; apparently groundbreaking in Poland at that time (methods, influences, etc.) but of little interest to me. No complaints about the packaging or sound reproduction.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Shame you didn't get satisfaction. I'll be wary.

Comment

I gave a tiny bit of assistance to their release of the Sonda soundtrack, and they're a thoroughly decent bunch of people to deal with.

Musically, their kind of thing is right up my street anyway, and sound quality on the releases that I've heard has been faultless (I only have the CD versions, can't speak for their vinyl).

Comment

Iwould certainly buy Jerzy Milian’s “ Bazaar” if I didn’ t have it already.

Comment

Originally posted by Grim Lounge Cowboy View Post
            I'll check that one out and see if it's my cuppa.

Comment

One of my current top ten albums. Thoughtful and crafted while still being accessable. No mere replication of US trends. Possibly incorporating classical learnings? In which case a demonstration of what ‘third stream’ could have been (or, if you like, became).

Comment

Originally posted by Grim Lounge Cowboy View Post
                Ahhh.... That takes me back to a few years ago when a few of us were ripped off on here bay a seller in Germany claiming to have a cheapish OG. He sold the same copy to several people on discogs before skidaddling. I didn't actually order that, but I did order a couple of other things from him which he didn't really have either. Got the money back through paypal. His list was very convincing- nothing to outrageous, prices just on the right side of a decent price etc.
                "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Working...
                X