Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIG Mag

Hello everyone,

Apologies if this has already been mentioned on here, but I recently launched a 28 page mini-magazine dedicated to the discoveries of a selection of guest 'diggers', imaginatively titled 'DIG'.

https://digmag.bigcartel.com/product/dig-issue-1

There were some names in the first issue that some of you may recognise, and despite not having a clue how well this project would go down, I sold out the initial batch overnight, and also the subsequent re-print a few days later.

I'm working on issue 2 at the moment (due out in Oct, the aim is to print this quarterly), and issue 3 will be coming out in the new year.

If anyone on this board would like to contribute you'd be more than welcome.

Cheers.
    Official Old School UK Hip Hop T-Shirts available at www.stylewarrior.co.uk

That looks great.

Oh.
    Sold out?
    All the Wolpertingers

Comment

Martin I really enjoyed it and would happily contribute if needed.

Comment

Hi Martin
        Looks fun - happy to contribute (I do a bit of writing for Record Collector, and folkradio.co.uk).
        Just a thought: how about having a downloadable pdf which people could access for maybe a couple of quid? Would potentially widen the circulation/audience for Dig, yield a bit of extra revenue for very little extra work, and service those of us who would happily read it onscreen?
        Great idea, whatever, hope to be able to get hold of a future copy and maybe chip in a bit.

Comment

Looks great, hoping you do a re-print soon.
          'I have avoided competitive situations because I am not a baboon'

Comment

Thanks all, yes I have considered a pdf version and I think after the next reprint of issue 1 I will make it available for about £1.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Lovegrove View Post
              Thanks all, yes I have considered a pdf version and I think after the next reprint of issue 1 I will make it available for about £1.
              Do you know when the reprint will be out? Signed up for the email notification, so hopefully will get a copy this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Davedave View Post

Do you know when the reprint will be out? Signed up for the email notification, so hopefully will get a copy this time.
                Preorders are now live for both a reprint of issue 1 and the new issue 2, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Lovegrove View Post

Preorders are now live for both a reprint of issue 1 and the new issue 2, thanks.
                  Hi Martin , thanks ordered already after getting the email the other day .

Comment

Ordered the 1st issue from the reprint & pre-ordered issue 2! Can't wait.
                    Ear Honey - Tastes Lovely

Comment

Hi Martin . Well done with this looks great. I doubt I have much pulling power for the crate digging Elite. But I'd be happy to contribute too . I have contributed to Moof and the like
                      Wermod members Rhys Jones  and Maddie Towell research a  few late sixties and early seventies 45s that went no further than promotional stage, but are nevertheless lovely listens (and relatively cheap too!)
                      sigpicRock on Penderyn

Comment

arrived today - thanks!
                        love the design - wasn't expecting the printed sleeve - very clever

Comment

Thanks all... you are all very welcome to contribute anything you'd like, I'd love any VG+s to get involved.

Comment

Working...
                          X