Where to go for a digging day out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to go for a digging day out?

same question every year. as its getting near my Birthday and on my birthday i head out record shopping. where should i try this year?
    i used to always go to Nottingham, and then as shops started closing i started going to Manchester, but this year i have been to Manchester three times since June.
    so where should i try? i have a car, i like bargain bins and some reissues.
    Bristol?
    instagram.com/vinylhoard

come to Northampton and I'll take you on a digging trip
    The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

is there many shops there?
      instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

a few but I would take you charity shop digging so it might not be quite what you expect...
        The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

Given HG's finds, I'd take him up on this offer!
          Dave Lee Roth, I Too Am Running With This Devil Of Which You Speak (sic)

Comment

Daytime dig out?

LOST SOUNDTRACKS Mixtape

HOLDBAR HIP HOP Podcast

BUSYBODY FILMS

Comment

I'm OK for pretty much anyone to come out for the day with me, I don't get precious about finds!
              The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

Hi
                try Leamington spa there is a good 2nd hand shop there called Leamington records opposite is seismic records which is mainly dance vinyl nut they have quite a depth of styles. Also Head has opened again in the royal priors which stocks tons of new vinyl and some 2nd hand it has a large range of CD and DVD. I used to work for them. Also not far away is Stratford upon Avon and their is a comic and figures shop with vinyl but when I went the vinyl was over priced. I have been told there is another shop or market stall but I don't know the name.

Comment

Bristol has loadsa shops, more than you can do in a day really. I'd suggest coming on the 1st September - 3 floor record fair at Colston Hall, free admission. There's also a nice guy who sells records at the harbour nearby, plus you're in easy walking distance of the 4 shops at St Nic's market, FOPP and Rough Trade. More than ample vynils.

Comment

I vote you go out with Head Gardener. That sounds like a great day out to me, even if you don't find anything.
                    "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

pm me if you want to hook up for the day ok
                      The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

Please don't go to South West Scotland. I'll be visiting soon myself, and am looking forward to stripping the chazzas of the raers which have surely accumulated since my last trip.
                        Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

i think i might try Bristol. ive only been once about 6 years ago.
                          instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

ended up in Nottingham, haven't been for years. Robs is the worst ive seen it. you can hardly move in it and you cant really browse anymore. i didn't buy anything from there.
                            but a new Rough trade has opened up there, which is quite big.
                            i also found a new shop in Birmingham near where i live and i found a Hendrix record id been after for 25 years in the £1 boxes there.
                            instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

Northampton'(s) miles better!
                              The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

Working...
                              X