Francoise Hardy refresher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Francoise Hardy refresher

Looks like I need a refresher course on Francoise Hardy. I am currently playing one of her s/t albums, the blue one with the funky "Je t'aime" followed by the other s/t with the wooden box art. Both have funky rocky moments and now I am confused. What am I missing?

Françoise Hardy album cover
    All the Wolpertingers

What's to be confused about? She's a top notch song-writer when she writes her own material.

I have the two you have and a few others. The only one I remember being pretty duff is Gin & Tonic, a shame really, with such an excellent title, but it has very little of her catchy song-writing on it ...

This:
    https://www.discogs.com/Fran%C3%A7oi...elease/5542067
    is also very good and it has a photo of Francoise with a hippo on the inside of the gatefold ...

Turb
    "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

See that I can work with.

There are just so many albums with nearly identical titles and a picture of her on the cover so I want to know what people have filed.
      All the Wolpertingers

Comment

I'll have a look. Got a few bits I think. I look the spookiness on this single

Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

Not necessarily funky but I do like this LP. It has a nice overall feel to it and the opener has a very crisp froward-thrusting arrangement. You're right about so many of the LPs just being called Francoise Hardy. It doesn't make life easy. This LP was also called 'Francois Hardy' but subsequently became known as 'La Question'.

"You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Avoid these three, not that they're bad, just nothing remarkable:

Click image for larger version

Name:	R-2059193-1261511685.jpeg.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	1045811Click image for larger version

Name:	R-2374906-1280821904.jpeg.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	1045812Click image for larger version

Name:	R-2046757-1264964169.jpeg.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	130.2 KB
ID:	1045813
            Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

I have the umbrella one. Nothing stuck as you say but seems to be the one the Mojo dudes like.
              It's the debut though right?
              All the Wolpertingers

Comment

I like La Question, too. It's got Tuca on it and Tuca is wonderful. My copy's knackered so I just listen on YT.
                Francoise is my third favourite Hardy after Thomas and Oliver. Not so keen on Robert and Tom.
                Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

I think this might have been the first F H record I found in the wild and it has some really nice moments on it and can be picked up pretty cheap too. https://www.discogs.com/Fran%C3%A7oi...elease/1656357
                  'I have avoided competitive situations because I am not a baboon'

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	The_death_of_Lord_Nelson_on_the_quarter_deck_aboard_HMS_Vict_Wellcome_V0006852.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	145.3 KB
ID:	1045827
                    There's some kind of French/Kiss Me (Francoise) Hardy joke in here.

Attached Files

Comment

Why has no one yet mentioned this beauty?

Comment

This one is quite groovy. I am not sure if it's in any lp, I got it in a 7".

¡A tope con la vida!

Comment

Originally posted by Carlitos View Post

I heard five seconds of that and knew it would be a popcorn pick. Absolutely perfect for middle-aged Belgians to shake their booties to.

Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by babycart View Post
                            Absolutely perfect for middle-aged Belgians to shake their booties to.
                            Wouldn't Belgians be more at home with this one?

¡A tope con la vida!

Comment

Originally posted by Carlitos View Post

I'm not Belgian but just bagged myself a copy on Discogs - thanks Carlitos.

Comment

Working...
                              X