B&Q Konnect storage cubes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B&Q Konnect storage cubes

I was having a look around last week for some cube-type storage so I could get my 'to listen to...' pile off the floor

Came across the Konnect range at B&G and thought I'd try them. For £26 I got a four cube one. It doesn't really specify that they're for records, though they did come up near the top of a search for "record storage cubes", but they're pretty good. They also come in singles, twos or threes and in a variety of colours. Records fit nicely - if I was being picky another 1cm deep would've been even better - but as they are an album fits snug up to the edge. Pretty easy to put together with four bolts holding each shelf on, and I only had to take one piece back off and put it on correctly too! They also come with a bag full of little plugs and wood-coloured stickers for the unused holes, but I didn't bother with any of those. And it fitted very snugly into the gap I had available

Job done!

Konnect - B&Q for all your home and garden supplies and advice on all the latest DIY trends
    North of the River Cole

But can they take the weight fully laden with records?
    eat chocolate-creams with the appetite of a blase parrot. H H Munro.

Comment

I'll let you know in a couple of weeks (hours / minutes... ) time...

North of the River Cole

Comment

That's a hell of a 'to listen to' pile. I presume it gets larger rather than smaller.
        "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Tell me! It's got to the stage where I'm questioning what I'm actually doing and the main reason for getting the storage is so I'm not thinking about that every time I bump into the things. I gave up my job almost a year ago to become a full time carer for my Mom, so the time available to play records these days is almost none. And so the pile grows. The plan in my head had been once I'd got her into bed at night and after I'd caught up with everything else I would sit down and play an album a night. I soon discovered that once I'd done all that needed to be done the only thing I wanted to do was sit down and watch some random rubbish on the telly and then go to bed myself. Playing records is something I can rarely be bothered with. And yet I keep getting seduced by the buggers and I still get a thrill when I find a sturdy brown package on the doorstep

Oh well - with the new units and a tidy up of the old Kallax I've now got about 30" of spare shelf space. Perhaps when that's full I can sit down and figure out what I'm doing with my life...

North of the River Cole

Comment

Originally posted by RedX View Post
            Tell me! It's got to the stage where I'm questioning what I'm actually doing and the main reason for getting the storage is so I'm not thinking about that every time I bump into the things. I gave up my job almost a year ago to become a full time carer for my Mom, so the time available to play records these days is almost none. And so the pile grows. The plan in my head had been once I'd got her into bed at night and after I'd caught up with everything else I would sit down and play an album a night. I soon discovered that once I'd done all that needed to be done the only thing I wanted to do was sit down and watch some random rubbish on the telly and then go to bed myself. Playing records is something I can rarely be bothered with. And yet I keep getting seduced by the buggers and I still get a thrill when I find a sturdy brown package on the doorstep

Oh well - with the new units and a tidy up of the old Kallax I've now got about 30" of spare shelf space. Perhaps when that's full I can sit down and figure out what I'm doing with my life...

That sounds tough, hope things start looking up... I think most of us on here probably acquire more records than we physically have time to listen to, that's why I concentrate on 45s - I like DJing with them and it's hard finding the time to absorb whole albums. But having piles kicking around just causes stress, your "in pile" looks a lot more inviting now.

Club stuff: www.facebook.com/DivineGlasgow

Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/andrewdivine/

Photos: www.instagram.com/divine_glasgow/

Comment

I echo what Mr Devine says. A lot of what you say rings a few bells here. I'm not Mrs SKs full time carer but she has MS and, like you, we seem to spend an inordinate amount of time in front of the TV of an evening vegging out because she's usually done for by about 6. I could go off and listen to records but it don't seem right. On the other hand I've been buying records for 40 years so why would I stop now.
              "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Thanks for the replies. My mom has Alzheimer's and dementia so there's only going to be one outcome, but I want to take care of her for as long as I can manage

On a brighter note, and if anyone still partakes, I just added something dubby to the 'Record Gratis' thread

North of the River Cole

Comment

Working...
                X