Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weird and bizarre music items you have bought ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird and bizarre music items you have bought ...

I'd be fascinated to see any of the odder releases in your collection. Yesterday my local Oxfam furnished me with a cassette from "The HobbyPharm Apothecaries of Jazz" to celebrate ... 25 years of Panadol, Over the Counter. With a limited edition cassette, finished in silver. Classy, eh? I await your nominations with interest

So how do the apothecaries swing?
    Find yourself a rainbow, a song a day and you won't grow old.

Comment

I found that Cog And Wheel optometrist private press no wave disco LP a while ago. Have traded it though.
      LOST SOUNDTRACKS Mixtape

HOLDBAR HIP HOP Podcast

BUSYBODY FILMS

Comment

From my extensive collection of medical acetates.

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	1046539Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	1046540
        galaxy of fallon to telepath 1

Comment

Originally posted by RockerFrank View Post
          Actually, not too bad in a tootley Chris Barber/Acker Bilk style. Nothing startling but perfectly efficient clarinet led swinging Dixie type stuff. I was rather hoping for a freaky pill popping tribute to the joys of prescription drugs - you know the kind of thing: Panadol before Sunrise, or Over The Counterpoint. In 7/8.

Comment

That Apothecaries Of Jazz cassette must have been one of the last recordings by the great Kenny Clare, as he died in 1984 - not one I've heard of before!

Comment

Kinda tricky to choose. One man's weird is another man's daily necessity but I'll have a try, starting with ... Mister Rogers. Entertaining, but not a little creepy ...
              "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

I must find my CD of a Japanese monk rolling small rocks. You'll love that.

Comment

Picked up another couple of items to add to the list today ...
                  - a 5-sided 10-inch promo on Pentagon records. It's techno so really not my thing AT ALL but seems quite sought after
                  - a 4-track EP featuring the King Brothers and a lyric by John Junkin extolling the wonders of Tupperware

PS The other single pictured proved to be a perfectly serviceable piece of 1983,synth-pop called C'est la vie from Suuku - an outfit obscure enough not to have troubled Discogs.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Mactheruss; 14-10-2018, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mactheruss View Post
                    - a 5-sided 10-inch promo on Pentagon records. It's techno so really not my thing AT ALL but seems quite sought after
                    For a split second I thought it was the wonderful soundtrack to the Andromeda Strain ... 1 gonal too few ... ah well ...

Comment

Originally posted by Mactheruss View Post
                      Picked up another couple of items to add to the list today ...
                      - a 4-track EP featuring the King Brothers and a lyric by John Junkin extolling the wonders of Tupperware

PS The other single pictured proved to be a perfectly serviceable piece of 1983,synth-pop called C'est la vie from Suuku - an outfit obscure enough not to have troubled Discogs.
                      Works better with Suuka
                      https://www.discogs.com/Suuka-Cest-L...elease/2394872

Comment

Originally posted by collectionneur maniaque View Post
                        Good spot - looks like their one and only single. Pity - I quite liked it.

Comment

Originally posted by RockerFrank View Post
                          https://we.tl/t-YtIJAyFsKu
                          www.myspace.com/edrum

Comment

Originally posted by primeporkycut View Post
                            I'd like to see what that is but I'm super paranoid about links that are longer than 500 characters so I'm not going to click on it

Comment

It's quite safe - I'm listening to it now!

Comment

Working...
                              X