New releases October 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New releases October 2018

David Shire's 'The Conversation' now available from Jonny Trunk for the usual drawing + cash as a slightly see through silver LP in advance of black for the shops.
    "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Can't see what the fuss is about this. Sounds very ordinary to me ...
    "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

Originally posted by Turboellis View Post
      Even if you only like the delightful theme, which is truly memorable, it's quite a saving on the 7"- if you can find one.
      "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Not ordinary - sublime film music - this cut in particular:

Comment

I had the JP 7" promo. Gave me very little pleasure. So I sent it on its way.

Comment

Originally posted by SirSlim View Post

Not ordinary - sublime film music - this cut in particular:

Reminds me too much of other things. I'm glad for anyone who's been waiting for this.

Comment

Reminds me too much of other things. I'm glad for anyone who's been waiting for this.
              Have you seen the actual film though Turbo?

Comment

That Red Red Robin tune is really catchy.
                Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Originally released last year on digital only, “Kiedy Wilki Zawyja?” (“When Will The Wolves Howl?”) by Mzylkypop (fronted by ex Clock DVA & Floy Joy main man Michael Somerset Ward) gets a vinyl release, albeit on a limited edition lathe-cut (edition of 25).

Lovely review by Mal (Dr Stephen Mallinder) of Wrangler & formerly Cabaret Voltaire: “This feels like you’ve pushed past bric-a-brac and moth-eaten furniture at some market in an obscure French village to shuffle through old trash 70s vinyl to discover a lost, unheard, psychedelic masterpiece. One with all the mystery of a forgotten time and place but one strangely undiscovered, a lost continent of … well I’m not sure what, but its beautifully weird and wonderful. I’m writing this on Halloween, how perfect. An album that reeks of real Gothic, damp dark and macabre, not faux Primark goth fancy dress and pumpkins but genuinely unsettling. It could sit alongside any Giallo – Italian noir horror – without discomfort. I could run this behind The Wickerman and get a proper sense of what was going on - raw buzzing, not folktronica but something much more unsettling with added hormones and creepiness. Like Jodorowksy’s Holy Mountain relocated to a dark and nocturnal eastern Europe. But this is a record with spit and polish, beautifully composed and produced: clearly crafted with love and attention, but built on shifting sands. It travels from brittle funk, somewhere between the body movement of the Contortions and peak madness Ornette Coleman, to wash up gently on Nico’s Dessert Shore. Enmeshed in there is mutant soul, David Axelrod on a sabbatical and oddly Gregorian incantations. A voice from another dimension glimpsed through dark veils, I feel I should be burning some esoteric oils and throwing flickering projections onto walls. Past worlds aside this is a future we could be turning our backs on… I wish everyone could have played this record before the referendum, we wouldn’t be pulling up the shutters.”

Free listen/digital: https://mzylkypop.bandcamp.com/releases

Lathe-cut::https://doitthissenrecords.bandcamp....t-lp-mzylkypop
                  OK: ready; let's do it ...

>>> Hobbies Of Today - RU12 EP: Unreleased South Yorkshire Post-Glam/Proto-Punk from 1977 <<<

Comment

I have and I thought it was excellent, and also thought the music was good in context. But not alone.

Comment

At last! This very elusive 1982 dancehall 7" has been reissued.
                      Original has gone for £400. I've been waiting so long for this.

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	230.2 KB ID:	1046856
                      And they've even corrected the spelling - - - - original was "Spalsh It Out".
                      galaxy of fallon to telepath 1

Comment

The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

New Ill Considered live album available now on their bandcamp https://illconsidered.bandcamp.com/a...eshment-centre
                          Sold out, but other version is now availables.
                          Last edited by Davedave; 30-10-2018, 10:56 AM.
                          'I have avoided competitive situations because I am not a baboon'

Comment

Originally posted by bradx View Post
                            At last! This very elusive 1982 dancehall 7" has been reissued.
                            Original has gone for £400. I've been waiting so long for this.

And they've even corrected the spelling - - - - original was "Spalsh It Out".
                            I thought of you when i saw this recently, i think i heard about it first from you on here. So much getting reissued these days it's hard to keep up.
                            http://www.mixcloud.com/garethhayes/
                            http://www.mixcloud.com/BangShangALang/
                            https://www.facebook.com/groups/197897397221/

Comment

Working...
                            X