eBay moan part whatever...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBay moan part whatever...

Click & Collect: As a seller I've never liked the thought of this. It's enough that you have to trust your records to the variances of the postal service and hope that they treat your record well on its journey to the new owner, but I can just imagine it reaching Argos and getting slung roughly into a corner waiting for the buyer to collect, so whenever I've listed stuff I always unticked the 'Allow Click & Collect' box. Put a few things up as BINs during the week and didn't even notice that this option wasn't there, until one sold and the PayPal instruction was to send it to an Argos in Sainsbury's. On checking it seems I'm now automatically 'in' unless I go into My Preferences and opt out. Just thought I'd mention this in case others haven't noticed and share my prejudices

North of the River Cole

Understand your misgivings from a seller's point of view - I've sent a few for C+C and haven't experienced a problem. But I must say that as a buyer, I nearly always select it if it's offered - for me it's more convenient to choose when to collect it than have the post office put the little red card through the door after trying to deliver when no-one was in, and the staff are always polite and the packages (and contents) in good shape. The only one that wasn't was wrapped so appallingly it would have arrived in a state if the Queen had sent it by helicopter

Comment

Thanks for the heads-up RedX. Will keep it in mind. They're not great at drawing users' attention to new defaults are they? A seller beware kind of approach. & they can't completely handle the fact that I don't have a U.S. address even though I live in Japan, and that has never stopped them taking my money.
      "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

I might have softened my stance just a little, as the record reached the buyer in good time and condition and he left me very effusive feedback - 'best seller ever', etc etc... the usual

North of the River Cole

Comment

Working...
        X