Chaquito

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sonovox View Post

For me, I love Un Otra Vez from the 'Chaquito Magic' album - builds up into a frenzy of skronky sax, piano hammering, trumpet tumult, all lubricated nicely with yelps, cuica abuse, organ stabs and some castinet clatter.
    I also really like the version of This Guy's In Love With You on that album - I was looking for it for about 20 years after hearing Charlie Chester play it on Radio 2 some time in the 90s.

Comment

Whoever staged that 'danceclub' photo session must have got their money's worth. Pics appear on LPs all over.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonovox View Post
        Love all the clips so far. It's surprisingly hard to get hold of Chaquito albums with original covers.

For me, I love Un Otra Vez from the 'Chaquito Magic' album - builds up into a frenzy of skronky sax, piano hammering, trumpet tumult, all lubricated nicely with yelps, cuica abuse, organ stabs and some castinet clatter.

great recommendation, just found one of these, and there's lots to enjoy besides that track. the sleeve photo looks very familiar - is there another LP with a different view of the same "party" - maybe Ray McVay or a dodgy hammond one?

Comment

Working...
        X