Great studio singles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great studio singles

I don't really know how these records come about but I'm presuming it's odds and sods studio time left over to bash out a project. Often instrumental, slightly weird 45s result. I love buying these records. Can we make a list of them here? I will start with VivaChiba's recent find and probably one of the most sought after of the lot.

It seems to be early 60s through to late 70s with a preponderance of glam.
    Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Cor. That makes me want to go out and kick someones head in.

I can only think of this, a cool JBs type thing which was the first studio project from Mojo according to 45cat.

Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

I'd like to nominate these 2:

Comment

Originally posted by SirSlim View Post
        You may have mentioned that one before Sir Slim? It was in my wants list on Discogs. In any case there was a copy for the friendly sum of $2.27 on eBay, so it's now mine.

I will give the nod to this VG+ favourite, which was released across Europe(??)... 'Come in Bonzo' by Big Cherry:

Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

Originally posted by eine View Post

You may have mentioned that one before Sir Slim? It was in my wants list on Discogs. In any case there was a copy for the friendly sum of $2.27 on eBay, so it's now mine.
          It think it was Xann who first alerted VGplus to the wonderfulness of Gliss Anders...

Comment

The aptly named "Dromedar named Itzenplitz" was also released as a Popcorn B-Side as Ecco. https://www.discogs.com/Jam-Popcorn/release/4079499
            All the Wolpertingers

Comment

That's phenomenal. I must have one!

Bernard Estardy made a career of weird studio pop singles...

Comment

Les spectacularly here is a one off studio glam frippery that I have just found on my shelf (which really isn't 'great')

Comment

I got this of our very own Rich Hero a good while ago. Some library dudes doing music for friendly breakdance competitions (fast).

All the Wolpertingers

Comment

Here we go. Straight from a production team hiding behind a silly name. A fuzzy studio jam that sounds great—

Buster Jangles' Flying Mattress ‎– Love Has Taken Over My Brain

Comment

Cat's Eyes by Life (aka Peter Shelley of Alvin Stardust fame). Late northern soul hit.

http://www.djhistory.com

Comment

Working...
                      X