Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fake northern soul

Hope no one here got duped
    About 55,000 records worth an estimated £500,000 were seized by police investigating the men.
    Jazz ain't dead!

I would guess people knew what the were buying.
    All the Wolpertingers

Comment

My wife just read me the story from the paper - surely there is no such thing as "Northern" Soul - Soul stands alone?

Comment

My mum's husband is a friend of Chris Price, though he claims he's not seen him for a while. I met him a few times and he always seemed dodgy,
        I knew what he was up to but thought it was his business and good luck to him (I didn't approve but it seemed like the shady stuff he would do)
        and I wasn't ever going to get involved, though this repressing and selling biz has been going on years! He must have made a fortune over the years
        and was very knowledgeable about Northern Soul (kinda obvious really) he even DJ'd out on a regular basis too.
        The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

Alan Godfrey has previous for bootlegging:
          https://www.soul-source.co.uk/forums...nesia-records/

it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
          take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Comment

”A Proceeds of Crime hearing will take place next year.”
            So they're going to have a listening party to grade the bootlegs?
            "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

Originally posted by Head Gardener View Post
              My mum's husband is a friend of Chris Price, though he claims he's not seen him for a while. I met him a few times and he always seemed dodgy,
              I knew what he was up to but thought it was his business and good luck to him (I didn't approve but it seemed like the shady stuff he would do)
              and I wasn't ever going to get involved, though this repressing and selling biz has been going on years! He must have made a fortune over the years
              and was very knowledgeable about Northern Soul (kinda obvious really) he even DJ'd out on a regular basis too.
              Does he know Patrick Whitelaw?

On Facebook Chris Price was posting lots of links to bootlegs Whitelaw was selling as Oldmanrecords: https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/oldmanrec...p2047675.l2559
              it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
              take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Comment

Originally posted by Saint Jude View Post

Does he know Patrick Whitelaw?

On Facebook Chris Price was posting lots of links to bootlegs Whitelaw was selling as Oldmanrecords: https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/oldmanrec...p2047675.l2559
                ooh, I will ask him tomorrow - but he's never mentioned him

edit update, no he doesn't know him
                Last edited by Head Gardener; 11-12-2018, 12:36 PM.
                The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

These were sold out on all-nighters and people knew they were boots at a fiver a piece. They're frowned upon on the scene and DJs are expected to play originals only but they obviously sold plenty.
                  Library blog

Comment

Working...
                  X