Now Playing (regardless of the medium)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

I have been playing this wee gem a lot the last couple of days, big chur to Benico del Toro as it came from his last round of freebies!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUo4id9Yoqk
      'I have avoided competitive situations because I am not a baboon'

Comment

“Mirage Garage”, new-ish (very good) album by Liam Hayes. “Eat in Sin” is my favorite but the whole album is solid, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by TommyB View Post
          “Mirage Garage”, new-ish (very good) album by Liam Hayes. “Eat in Sin” is my favorite but the whole album is solid, I think.
          Cassette only- he doesn't change does he? Sounds pretty good.
          "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post

Cassette only- he doesn't change does he? Sounds pretty good.
            There is talk about a vinyl version of the album, hopefully it will happen.

Comment

That track from R.P.M. is good. I would would have leapt on the LP if I’d known.

Comment

There is talk about a vinyl version of the album, hopefully it will happen.
                I hope so. He's pretty consistent but I don't think he'll ever better his first 45- and it can be bought for 99p!
                "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Originally posted by Davedave View Post
                  I have been playing this wee gem a lot the last couple of days, big chur to Benico del Toro as it came from his last round of freebies!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUo4id9Yoqk
                  ooh, didn't know that one. The rhythm sounds just like the Incredible Bongo Band, which makes sense because it's Perry Botkin Jr joint-composing both that soundtrack and the originals on the IBB records.

Comment

Originally posted by bongolia View Post

ooh, didn't know that one. The rhythm sounds just like the Incredible Bongo Band, which makes sense because it's Perry Botkin Jr joint-composing both that soundtrack and the originals on the IBB records.
                    It was put out on 7" by Mr Bongo and the IBB are credited as the players on there but not on the version of rpm I have.
                    'I have avoided competitive situations because I am not a baboon'

Comment

https://balkanvinyl.bandcamp.com/alb...om-mutant-city
                      The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

Love this LP too! Forked out for the cassette ($15, plus $15 shipping) and very nice it is too, arriving with little drawings and a hand-written note.

If it comes out on vinyl I'll have to get that too. Best thing he's done since More You Becomes You (which can also still be had for cheap on vinyl and comes in lovely packaging).

Comment

A work colleague is after 3 singles to give as a birthday present to a friend who has just got a "retro turntable". She asked me. I had one -Billy Ocean Caribbean Queen - which I gladly let her have. This prompted me to explore Billy's back catalogue which it turns out is liberally sprinkled with pop-soul gems , some new to me, and some I had forgotten about. Playing his Nights album on Deezer at the moment and I have played the title track several times tonight, I had forgotten how good it was:

Comment

"Poppy Nogood (etc.)" and "Shri Camel" by Terry Riley. CDs from the local library.

PN is good though it doesn't have smooth flow of what I've heard of his later stuff. I like SC for the composition, but if I listen carefully I find the synth sound lacks warmth. I seem to recall reading that Riley came to a similar conclusion.

Material from SC was the basis of a live CD, which I might investigate.

Comment

Decibel are local. Two LP sets that I am aware of; one double. Both from the local library.

Comment

Vladimir Kull Quartet from 1965. Lovely stuff.
                                Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X