• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 Death Section

R.I.P. Captain (of Captain & Tennille)

The Garden Facebook Blog

Ted McKenna RIP.

Drummer with the Sensational Alex Harvey Band and Rory Gallagher's band among others.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/opinion/17374964.obituary-ted-mckenna-scottish-drummer-best-known-for-the-sensational-alex-harvey-band/
    ​​​​​​
    Dave Lee Roth, I Too Am Running With This Devil Of Which You Speak (sic)

Comment

Originally posted by Milesago View Post
      Ted McKenna RIP.

Drummer with the Sensational Alex Harvey Band and Rory Gallagher's band among others.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/opinion/17374964.obituary-ted-mckenna-scottish-drummer-best-known-for-the-sensational-alex-harvey-band/
      ​​​​​​
      What a great group they were. The 'Next' LP was part of the soundtrack to my youth. It led me to Jaques Brel which in turn led me to Scott Walker. Another record which I came to via our Babysitter Robert Stubbs. He turns out to have been a major influence on a very significant part of my life.
      "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

from a couple of weeks ago, singer (and backing singer on a lot of big records) Clydie King:

Comment

Michel Legrand - another soundtrack legend is gone...

Comment

Together in heaven with all the angels like Princess Diana and Jade Goody

The Downstairs Lounge
            http://downstairslounge.wordpress.com/
            http://soundcloud.com/agnes-guano/

Comment

Originally posted by SirSlim View Post
              Michel Legrand - another soundtrack legend is gone...
              86 isn't a bad innings ... i had the pleasure of seeing him play a solo piano gig at the jazz cafe in Camden, standing about 3 metres away and watching his hands as he played. At that time I was even more obsessed than I am now with the Thomas Crown Affair OST, particularly His Eyes, Her Eyes, which I cheekily made a request for. He said nonchalantly, "Oh yes, I remember that little piece ..." and played about 4 bars of it before launching into the song he had intended to play ... an amazing gig that I'll never forget ...
              "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

RIP Albert Finney

Comment

I like Gumshoe a lot.

I'm wondering if Agnes has his album on Motown (!)

Comment

Sad about Albert Finney. Saturday Night and Sunday Morning left a lasting impession on me.

Jonas Mekas left the building on January 23rd.

Everything in Greece is arpa kolla

Comment

I just noticed I have a 7" single from 1972 with the late Gordon Banks singing on it, although oddly there is a different version on Discogs,
                      I think someone has photo shopped it already as some kind of bizarre tribute!?
                      The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

I'm told I met Gordon Banks when I was a baby in some kind of paternal initiation into Leicester City fandom, so it's basically as if I didn't meet him at all, really. No blessed thumbprint on my head, nothing.
                        Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Head Gardener View Post

I just noticed I have a 7" single from 1972 with the late Gordon Banks singing on it, although oddly there is a different version on Discogs,
                          I think someone has photo shopped it already as some kind of bizarre tribute!?
                          Well, you've probably worked it out by now, but I enjoy being pedantic, so... there are two Potters singles on Trent. Yours is JT 100 (https://www.discogs.com/The-Potters-...elease/2483697), the one on discogs you mentioned is JT101. According to the change log for that page, the image was added 6 years ago, so no fear of photoshopping.
                          Dave Lee Roth, I Too Am Running With This Devil Of Which You Speak (sic)

Comment

thanks for the update Milesago, a schoolboy error on my behalf, I deserve a yellow card...
                            The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

Mark Hollis, Talk Talk. 64.
                              "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

Working...
                              X