2019 Death Section

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Turboellis View Post
    'Smack My Bitch Up' (minus the misogynistic title)
    You've got Kool Keith to blame for that:

Comment

'Fire Starter' is one of the greatest videos I think. The feel perfectly fits the music and it is one of the few songs that when it comes on I instantly think of the video. And my interest in that genre of music (and in fact music generally at that time) was not that great.

Comment

Monkee Peter Tork passed away last month. The Monkees show was one of my early TV memories. Great fun, and they made some great records too.

Comment

Originally posted by nononolimits View Post

You've got Kool Keith to blame for that:
          OK, I will ... thanks!

"White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

Jacques Loussier

I grew up with my mum playing to this stuff, and even though it's about as close as I'll ever get to the Classical thread, it still calms me down

I reckon the 60s would have been a lot less baroque without Jacques and his boys. VG+ers and VVers know the score.

Click image for larger version

Name:	R-11890727-1524219222-2484.jpeg.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	1049732

Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by babycart View Post
              Jacques Loussier

I grew up with my mum playing to this stuff, and even though it's about as close as I'll ever get to the Classical thread, it still calms me down

I reckon the 60s would have been a lot less baroque without Jacques and his boys. VG+ers and VVers know the score.

Click image for larger version  Name:	R-11890727-1524219222-2484.jpeg.jpg Views:	30 Size:	11.6 KB ID:	1049732

Damn.

This is probably my most favoured OST of all time - up there with "Bedazzled":

His TV OST work was great too:

Another favourite is the main theme from "Snow Job" but not on YouTube it seems - here's a clip of the movie in question:

EDIT: found it:

Comment

Hal Blaine https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...laine-obituary

'I have avoided competitive situations because I am not a baboon'

Comment

Dick Dale died yesterday. known as the king of surf guitar.
                  eat chocolate-creams with the appetite of a blase parrot. H H Munro.

Comment

Scott Walker.

"You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post
                      Scott Walker.
                      I'm not a fan of his voice (or song choices), but this Ruth and Martin's Album Club article on Scott 4 is a good read, I especially liked this bit:
                      "He also, at this point, starts living with the biggest St. Bernard dog in the world. This isn’t an exaggeration; the St. Bernard he was living with was on record as being the biggest in the world. It has nothing to do with the story per se; I just thought I should mention it."

http://ramalbumclub.com/post/1272398...y-scott-walker

Comment

Can't believe we've lost Scott. Love the early stuff, the Brel stuff and the psychotic experimental stuff. Anyone who hasn't heard Jolson and Jones should do so, then take a walk in the sunshine. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fJ0_uWjMfk
                        "THIS IS A FINE TAPE AND BRINGS BACK MEMORIES OF YESTERYEAR WHEN THE MUSIC WORLD WAS GOOD AND NOT FOULED UP BY THE LONG HAIR SCURVES WHO JUST BEAT WILDLY ON ANYTHING AND COME UP WITH A LOT OF STUPID NOISE THat only damnfools and liars say they like it"

Comment

Who could have predicted that a 60s pop star would make this this kind of come back?...
                          I didn't always like what he did, but you'd have to agree that he grew old disgracefully .... and quite incredibly ...
                          & he was still having at it ...

Boo!

Turbo

Comment

[QUOTE=Shere Khan;n1049854]Scott Walker.

I once cleared the dancefloor with this one - RIP Scott.

Comment

Not an easy song to dance to ... you wanted to catch your bus home?

Comment

Just saw that Ranking Roger has died. Very sad. The Beat's "I Just Can't Stop It" was the first album I ever bought

About five years ago I was sitting in a solid traffic jam on my way home from work on a lovely sunny afternoon. I had my window down and was playing a reggae track moderately loudly. I wasn't really paying attention but became aware of someone looking at me - I looked at the car sitting in the jam going the other way to me and there was Roger nodding his head and smiling

RIP Roger
                                North of the River Cole

Comment

Working...
                                X