Cosmic Slop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cosmic Slop

So here I am reading the article in Oxford American about George Clinton, and I've just read the bit where it says his mother was on stage in 1993 in Greensboro and got a bigger roar than Atomic Dog, and that she had passed away in 2009, and I'm listening to a mix on Mixcloud (not Parliafunkadelicment related) and the track that starts to play is Cosmic Slop

Now that is some Cosmic Slop, man!

I had something similar a couple of days ago when I was playing Hayes' Swap CD and a couple of tracks in he PM'd me.
    "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

One morning during my most recent trip to the UK I woke up with The Stranglers version of "Walk on By" in my head. I hadn't heard it or thought of it for ages.

Later that day I saw a copy of the pic sleeve 45 on the shelf behind the counter in the Oxfam record shop in Reading.

Similar thing happened later in the trip, with the record appearing in the Reading Record Fair. I forget the track, though.

Comment

It turns out that Head Gardener was at that Fair. Not that that has anything to do with the thread.

Comment

I'd always thought that he made 'maggot brain' about her passing away back in the early 70s, or was that Bootsy?
          "THIS IS A FINE TAPE AND BRINGS BACK MEMORIES OF YESTERYEAR WHEN THE MUSIC WORLD WAS GOOD AND NOT FOULED UP BY THE LONG HAIR SCURVES WHO JUST BEAT WILDLY ON ANYTHING AND COME UP WITH A LOT OF STUPID NOISE THat only damnfools and liars say they like it"

Comment

Originally posted by eclectiktronik View Post
            I'd always thought that he made 'maggot brain' about her passing away back in the early 70s, or was that Bootsy?
            A few articles on the net seem to confirm that his mother (Julious G Keaton) died in December 2009, in her 90s I think. Bootsy's mum, Nettie, died in 1997 acording to Google.

Comment

Originally posted by eclectiktronik View Post
              If I remember correctly I read somewhere that George instructed Eddie Hazel to 'play like his mother just died'.

Comment

I will post my recent Collage-induced Estonian vinyl haul in a Canarian charity shop shortly...
                Vardy.....¬°¬°¬°PELIGRO!!!

Comment

I honestly were buying records and broke out in a cold sweat when Aretha passed last summer.

Comment

Working...
                  X