2019 reissues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 reissues

Toying with the idea of buying the reissue this is from.

Originally released digitally in 2017, as a limited lathe-cut in 2018, and now as a pressed red vinyl LP in a gatefold sleeve! "Kiedy Wilki Zawyja?" (When Will The Wolves Howl?) by Sheffield band MZYLKYPOP. I'm having difficulty describing the genre ... but if you're into jazz, prog, folk, psych then there's something for you to like in there. It's a loose concept album about a soon-to-come dystopian (dis)united kingdom. Hardened pro musicians and a few local youngsters making a glorious racket in English and Polish ... but I might be biased.
    OK: ready; let's do it ...

>>> Hobbies Of Today - RU12 EP: Unreleased South Yorkshire Post-Glam/Proto-Punk from 1977 <<<

Comment

Originally posted by Grim Lounge Cowboy View Post
      Toying with the idea of buying the reissue this is from.
      Fwiw it's a good reissue, impressive sound quality and thick, sturdy cover.
      Everything in Greece is arpa kolla

Comment

Idea toyed with and discarded.

I like the general approach, but it sounds a bit too loose. Also, I'm now noticing the 'live' sound and liking it less.

Comment

Tordenskjölds Soldater’s ”Peace” LP seems to have been repressed by SERIE.WOC. It was reissued back in 2014 but has been long out of print. I have owned three copies of the reissue and they have all sounded terrible (especially the B side). I have very little hope that this repress will sound great but I’ll still buy a copy - it’s worth a fourth chance, the music is great.

Comment

I’ll second that as to the music.

Comment

Originally posted by TommyB View Post
              Tordenskjölds Soldater’s ”Peace” LP seems to have been repressed by SERIE.WOC. It was reissued back in 2014 but has been long out of print. I have owned three copies of the reissue and they have all sounded terrible (especially the B side). I have very little hope that this repress will sound great but I’ll still buy a copy - it’s worth a fourth chance, the music is great.
              Wasn't that a few years ago? Have they done another because it would be useful as I missed that last one.
              "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Picking mine up later today from Record Mania (who have multiple copies) and it’s listed as forthcoming at Dustygroove so it seems like it’s been repressed very recently.

Comment

Picking mine up later today from Record Mania (who have multiple copies) and it’s listed as forthcoming at Dustygroove so it seems like it’s been repressed very recently.
                  Thanks. They have one less now. Juno should be getting them but Record Mania are still cheaper even with the postage.

Comment

Don Rendell/Ian Carr reissues now available from Jazzman....

http://www.jazzmanrecords.co.uk/cata...?q=don+rendell

Comment

I now realize it’s not the pressing of the Tordenskjold’s Soldater reissue that’s the problem, the problem is the LP they have used as the source for the reissue.

The problems are the same (and in the same places) with both the first reissue and this repress (of said reissue). The A side is fine but the B side has crackles in quite a few places and the last song is really hard to listen to, especially if you listen to it with headphones and/or turn the volume up a bit.

Wish they had been able to track down the original master tapes or at least a better LP copy.

Or maybe I’m too sensitive.

Comment

Or maybe I’m too sensitive.
                        I'll let you know. I'm not exactly a condition freak but at that price I'll be hoping it's not too bad. Even with a few problems I guess it represents the best chance most of us will have to get hold of a copy.

Comment

Originally posted by IAN View Post
                          Don Rendell/Ian Carr reissues now available from Jazzman....

http://www.jazzmanrecords.co.uk/cata...?q=don+rendell
                          And now sold out

Comment

Lost In Translation OST for RSD apparently

Comment

Originally posted by Kurtis K View Post

And now sold out
                              Cripes, that's going to cause a few upsets. I imagine there will be a few in shops, though.

Comment

Working...
                              X