2019 reissues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post

Cripes, that's going to cause a few upsets. I imagine there will be a few in shops, though.
    There's no indication these are limited pressings, so I guess Gerald will just do another run when they sell out

Comment

Originally posted by TommyB View Post
      I now realize it’s not the pressing of the Tordenskjold’s Soldater reissue that’s the problem, the problem is the LP they have used as the source for the reissue.

The problems are the same (and in the same places) with both the first reissue and this repress (of said reissue). The A side is fine but the B side has crackles in quite a few places and the last song is really hard to listen to, especially if you listen to it with headphones and/or turn the volume up a bit.

Wish they had been able to track down the original master tapes or at least a better LP copy.

Or maybe I’m too sensitive.
      Mine has arrived. You're right about the odd bit of 'frying bacon', and the 'Voodoo Dance' does seem to have a little distortion on it but overall I'm quite happy with it. If it were a new record I'd say it wasn't good enough, especially at that price, but given no master tapes exist (apparently) and it's had to be mastered from nearly 50 year old vinyl (the quality of which has been described as, 'Wasn't always the finest') I think they've done a good job. It may well sound better than best original copy that's still out there for all I know. I like the attention to detail in keeping to the original cheap folded cover, too.

Your system is likely a lot better than mine, and maybe the deficiencies sound worse because of it. I never listen through headphones either so that's not a problem for me. They're giving it such a lot of welly on Voodoo dance that I don't really notice the sound that much.

I notice one went for $760 3 years ago so I'm pretty happy with this one.
      "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

A few years back the soundtrack to 'A Field In England' was released; it sold out pretty quickly. It went down well here at the time. It's now being reissued by Invada if you are after a copy .

Comment

Couple of very nice Horace Tapscott reissues just out from Outernational sounds. 'Live at the I.U.C.C' and 'The Call'.

Comment

A few years back the soundtrack to 'A Field In England' was released; it sold out pretty quickly. It went down well here at the time. It's now being reissued by Invada if you are after a copy .
            https://www.invada.co.uk/collections...ed-clear-vinyl
            OK: ready; let's do it ...

>>> Hobbies Of Today - RU12 EP: Unreleased South Yorkshire Post-Glam/Proto-Punk from 1977 <<<

Comment

Anyone got/heard this?

https://wrwtfww.com/album/live-1971

Comment

Anyone who bought the Rendell/Carr records may also be interested in the Guy Warren reissue that's just appeared. Different kettle of fish, of course, but they feature along with Michael Garrick, Dave Green and Amancio D'Silva. 500 copies I believe.

Comment

It was in Dusty Groove for record store day, though I’m not sure it was an RSD release. I missed it at DG. But a copy is in the post, I believe.

Some site its discussion of this in the past.

Comment

Anyone who bought the Rendell/Carr records may also be interested in the Guy Warren reissue that's just appeared. Different kettle of fish, of course, but they feature along with Michael Garrick, Dave Green and Amancio D'Silva. 500 copies I believe.

Does anyone know if this reissue is legit? I'm not familiar with this company (Return to analog). Many thanks in advance.
                    Everything in Greece is arpa kolla

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie View Post

Does anyone know if this reissue is legit? I'm not familiar with this company (Return to analog). Many thanks in advance.
                      On the back of the sleeve it says 'Licensed by the Warren and Akwei families'.

Comment

On the back of the sleeve it says 'Licensed by the Warren and Akwei families'.
                        Cheers !
                        Everything in Greece is arpa kolla

Comment

Originally posted by J.R View Post
                          I have. Only given it a cursory listen but the sound quality is very good, if that’s what you were asking.

Comment

Excellent news - my favourite track off that one is "yaw barima" - doesn't seem to be on youtube though.

Comment

Originally posted by J.R View Post

I have. Only given it a cursory listen but the sound quality is very good, if that’s what you were asking.
                              What's happening here? J.R answering his own question as if he were talking to another poster. Either he's been drinking or somethings gone wrong with the posts.

Comment

Parker/Hawkshaw - “Black Pearl”.

Comment

Working...
                                X