No announcement yet.

2019 reissues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brussels Art Quintet 7" from Finders Keepers on their Cacophonic imprint- some groovy vibes, bustling drums, what I think is a real nice guitarist, and just enough skronk. This time last year someone paid over £260 for one of these so here's your chance to bag one for under £10.

"You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

I wanted to bring your attention to joyful event that Soviet Grail has released some new rare Melodija reissues. The most hardest to find Melodija record and most sought after Melodija record, also people say it's the best record on Melodija - official reissue of Firyuza LP. It looks good, it has big insert and sounds good. And as I said, officially licensed. I don't think it stays around long time. I have just listened to it and I must admit it really is great music. Instrumental Turkmenian jazzrock.

There's also reissue of Anor album, another hard to find Melodija record. Recorded bit later, but sounds timeless, Uzbek jazzfusion with some east influences. Also earlier session of songs was released on 10". I found these recordings from archive in Estonia and suggested to label. Again officially licensed.

Last year they reissued first Sato album, my favorite, more smooth jazzfusion with eastern influences, now Sato's 2nd album is available. And check also new nice 7" releases, especially the Gunesh with previously unreleased version. You need this Turkmen prog for your DJ box

And also very VG+ release is "Soviet Funk Themes for Television and Film LP". Originally it was mixtape with funky songs from Soviet films, now everything is mastered and tracks are cut separately to record.

So please forget bootlegs and get real stuff from their bandcamp https://sovietgrail.bandcamp.com/
      Or usual webstores in Europe should have them too.

Click image for larger version  Name:	a1088279749_10.jpg Views:	0 Size:	192.0 KB ID:	1051007

Comment

Just discovered Mr Bongo reissued Minoru Muraoka "Bamboo" back in May:
        https://www.discogs.com/Minoru-Murao...lease/13629593

Picked up a copy yesterday, and not sure how the reissue sounds yet, but they've done a nice job on the sleeve.

Comment

Light in the Attic are re-releasing Jim Sullivan's 'Jim Sullivan' LP, having already done the excellent 'UFO' LP a few years ago. At the same time they are putting out an unreleased session from 1969 called, 'If The Evening Were Dawn' which contains acoustic versions of some songs from 'UFO' and some previously unheard songs. A quick listen to the soundclips, which are pretty short, on the LITA site suggests the unadorned 'So Natural', is really going to miss those tasty drums from the 'UFO' version.

Comment

Isn't 'Jim Sullivan' essentially 'UFO' but without the big drums? Or is a different LP?

Comment

Originally posted by bennyboy View Post
              Isn't 'Jim Sullivan' essentially 'UFO' but without the big drums? Or is a different LP?
              There are just a couple of tracks from 'UFO' on 'Jim Sullivan'.- there's a pretty good alternate version of 'Plain As Your Eyes Can See', which is a bit more frantic- and there's another go at 'Sandman'.

Comment

Ah I see, ta. Just checking discogs and can see what I was thinking about, there is two 'Jim Sullivan' releases - one is the balanced mix of UFO, then the one from 1972. Will have a listen to the clips on the LITA site.

Comment

Working...
                X