2019 reissues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Milesago View Post
    A bit over-rated IMO, but definitely worth hearing (there's a download online somewhere).
    It has fantastic outsider sleeve artwork and the background story is incredible, of course.
    Good to see someone undercut Shadoks Shoking price, too.
    But I'll wait to see what euro distributors are charging for it.
    I don't fancy taking a chance with customs pouncing on a $69 value item.
    Great to hear someone else`s praise. Mike Stax`s survey left a mark on me as indelible as Maitreya`s output. Actually there`s a Peruvian (boot?) copy of Apache from the 1980s here in Russia for which I`d be in the market but for a slightly overblown price tag. Anyone got that to comment on the sound quality?
    BTW just stumbled upon this. Might be interesting.

R.I.P Crage Smith...
    DANCE TO THE RADIO

Comment

Dusty Groove lists Egisto Macchi's "Fauna Marina". The current discogs ask is $1946.67.

Also BJ Ward's "Vocal Ease".

And Anthony Moore's "Pieces from the Cloudland Ballroom" which I nearly bought a little while back.

Comment

Mainly for this, it was. But I realised that my attention wanders after about 7 mins.

Comment

Originally posted by Funky Charly View Post

Great to hear someone else`s praise. Mike Stax`s survey left a mark on me as indelible as Maitreya`s output. Actually there`s a Peruvian (boot?) copy of Apache from the 1980s here in Russia for which I`d be in the market but for a slightly overblown price tag. Anyone got that to comment on the sound quality?
          BTW just stumbled upon this. Might be interesting.

R.I.P Crage Smith...

The next clutch of releases in Munster Records Singles Club will include a Craig Smith 45 in PS, Sam Pan Boat / Race The Wind (Take 1).

The blurb... "After revelatory experiences with LSD and meditation, Craig Smith left behind his successful career as composer for the likes of The Monkees, Andy Williams or Glen Campbell, and became Maitreya Kali, a self-professed psychedelic guru. ‘Sam Pan Boat’ and ‘Race The Wind’ are two of his most haunting and unerringly beautiful songs, the latter being released here for the first time."
          Dave Lee Roth, I Too Am Running With This Devil Of Which You Speak (sic)

Comment

Candy Claws ‎– Ceres & Calypso In The Deep Time

https://www.discogs.com/Candy-Claws-...lease/14308677

I'd been hoping for a copy of this for a while ...
            "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

"Whatever Its Worth" by Col Nolan and the Soul Syndicate.

I've not heard it.

For what it is worth, the later single "Buckingham Palace" is a groove monster.

I've heard "Live at Jason's" - less taken with it.

Comment

Three reissues of Doug Hammond Lps: 'Ellipse', 'Folks', and 'Spaces'. Well worth picking up; Muneer Abdul Fataah's cello on 'Folks', and 'Spaces' is especially striking.

"You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

This seems impossible though it is not. Down with the criminally overpriced Shadoks reissue! Now it is but a matter of time...
                  https://webstore.ugly-things.com/cra...-2-lp-p418.php

Yes, I`m hopelessly in sync with this all-time favourite psychedelic breakdown of a record.
                  Has anyone heard from Ugly Things about the MAITREYA KALI "Apache/Inca" vinyl reissue yet? Should I email them or have I missed any updates? Their website still accepts orders and there is still a vague promise of 'Ships late 2019'... well, just asking cause it's already December
                  Everything in Greece is arpa kolla

Comment

Nat Birchall Quintet "Live in Larissa" was reissued in November on vinyl, which will hopefully drive down the prices of the 2014 release as well. I picked up a copy of the new reissue, it's well pressed and the sound is excellent. Also, I like the new cover a lot more.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie View Post

Has anyone heard from Ugly Things about the MAITREYA KALI "Apache/Inca" vinyl reissue yet? Should I email them or have I missed any updates? Their website still accepts orders and there is still a vague promise of 'Ships late 2019'... well, just asking cause it's already December
                      Better late than never. Seems a dead cert. Already been kindly praised by one of the big ones
                      https://www.psychedelicbabymag.com/2...inca-2019.html
                      DANCE TO THE RADIO

Comment

Better late than never. Seems a dead cert. Already been kindly praised by one of the big ones
                        https://www.psychedelicbabymag.com/2...inca-2019.html
                        Cheers for this.

Comment

Working...
                        X