• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turboellis
    replied
    Candy Claws ‎– Ceres & Calypso In The Deep Time

https://www.discogs.com/Candy-Claws-...lease/14308677

I'd been hoping for a copy of this for a while ...

Leave a comment:

• Milesago
    replied
    Originally posted by Funky Charly View Post

Great to hear someone else`s praise. Mike Stax`s survey left a mark on me as indelible as Maitreya`s output. Actually there`s a Peruvian (boot?) copy of Apache from the 1980s here in Russia for which I`d be in the market but for a slightly overblown price tag. Anyone got that to comment on the sound quality?
    BTW just stumbled upon this. Might be interesting.

R.I.P Crage Smith...

The next clutch of releases in Munster Records Singles Club will include a Craig Smith 45 in PS, Sam Pan Boat / Race The Wind (Take 1).

The blurb... "After revelatory experiences with LSD and meditation, Craig Smith left behind his successful career as composer for the likes of The Monkees, Andy Williams or Glen Campbell, and became Maitreya Kali, a self-professed psychedelic guru. ‘Sam Pan Boat’ and ‘Race The Wind’ are two of his most haunting and unerringly beautiful songs, the latter being released here for the first time."

Leave a comment:

• Grim Lounge Cowboy
    replied
    Mainly for this, it was. But I realised that my attention wanders after about 7 mins.

Leave a comment:

• Grim Lounge Cowboy
    replied
    Dusty Groove lists Egisto Macchi's "Fauna Marina". The current discogs ask is $1946.67.

Also BJ Ward's "Vocal Ease".

And Anthony Moore's "Pieces from the Cloudland Ballroom" which I nearly bought a little while back.

Leave a comment:

• Funky Charly
    replied
    Originally posted by Milesago View Post
    A bit over-rated IMO, but definitely worth hearing (there's a download online somewhere).
    It has fantastic outsider sleeve artwork and the background story is incredible, of course.
    Good to see someone undercut Shadoks Shoking price, too.
    But I'll wait to see what euro distributors are charging for it.
    I don't fancy taking a chance with customs pouncing on a $69 value item.
    Great to hear someone else`s praise. Mike Stax`s survey left a mark on me as indelible as Maitreya`s output. Actually there`s a Peruvian (boot?) copy of Apache from the 1980s here in Russia for which I`d be in the market but for a slightly overblown price tag. Anyone got that to comment on the sound quality?
    BTW just stumbled upon this. Might be interesting.

R.I.P Crage Smith...

Leave a comment:

• Milesago
    replied
    A bit over-rated IMO, but definitely worth hearing (there's a download online somewhere).
    It has fantastic outsider sleeve artwork and the background story is incredible, of course.
    Good to see someone undercut Shadoks Shoking price, too.
    But I'll wait to see what euro distributors are charging for it.
    I don't fancy taking a chance with customs pouncing on a $69 value item.

Leave a comment:

• reza
    replied
    Originally posted by Funky Charly View Post
    This seems impossible though it is not. Down with the criminally overpriced Shadoks reissue! Now it is but a matter of time...
    https://webstore.ugly-things.com/cra...-2-lp-p418.php

Yes, I`m hopelessly in sync with this all-time favourite psychedelic breakdown of a record.
    blimey thanks for the heads up

Leave a comment:

• Funky Charly
    replied
    This seems impossible though it is not. Down with the criminally overpriced Shadoks reissue! Now it is but a matter of time...
    https://webstore.ugly-things.com/cra...-2-lp-p418.php

Yes, I`m hopelessly in sync with this all-time favourite psychedelic breakdown of a record.

Leave a comment:

• Head Gardener
    replied
    thanks Shere Khan

Leave a comment:

• Shere Khan
    replied
    Originally posted by Head Gardener View Post

this sleeve with no record is an odd one - anyone know more than the listing says?
    Apparently there were 300 copies with the reparked sleeve available to buy from a shop in Sweden.

Looks like someone managed to turn their £20 sleeve into a £349 sleeve. Did someone really pay that?
    Last edited by Shere Khan; 16-10-2019, 03:30 PM. Reason: Just notice original cost!

Leave a comment:

• Head Gardener
    replied

this sleeve with no record is an odd one - anyone know more than the listing says?

Leave a comment:

• TommyB
    replied
    Bertil Strandberg’s “Cirrus” album (Swedish Jazz from 1974) has been reissued by Frederiksberg records:

https://frederiksbergrecords.bandcamp.com/album/cirrus

Leave a comment:

• Turboellis
    replied
    Originally posted by Grim Lounge Cowboy View Post
    There is a new Tele Music comp in the offing. Vol 1.
    Savalas?

Leave a comment:

• Grim Lounge Cowboy
    replied
    There is a new Tele Music comp in the offing. Vol 1.

Leave a comment:

• TommyB
    replied
    Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post

Not on mine Guv.
    Good to hear, hopefully I’ll be able to find a good copy too.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X