Deluded Discogs Sellers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Davedave View Post

That was a very enjoyable listen! Amazed that guy has sold anything, ever.
    They talked about a buyer buying a copy of a 7" at about 10 times its value, and presumed it was a person who knew nothing about record prices buying something for their partner, without researching the prices of other copies in a similar condition. That's the only kind of scenario I can really see this guy selling anything. And for that reason, they called it out as being a scam situation.

Very sad. Maybe the seller is mentally ill, who knows. He is certainly on a weird trip of some kind.
    "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

Originally posted by Turboellis View Post

They talked about a buyer buying a copy of a 7" at about 10 times its value, and presumed it was a person who knew nothing about record prices buying something for their partner, without researching the prices of other copies in a similar condition. That's the only kind of scenario I can really see this guy selling anything. And for that reason, they called it out as being a scam situation.

Very sad. Maybe the seller is mentally ill, who knows. He is certainly on a weird trip of some kind.
      I listened to it as well. What a hoot. I like his line about a very common Genesis single, that you could get for 50p but can buy from him for £85, which says,' Original white paper sleeve has some extremely minor defects, a tiny bit creased'. I think I'd like a new white paper sleeve if I were going to pay £498.50 over the usual price.
      "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

that's the crazy thing - were they common records but absolutely pristine you could almost understand it (like the $3000 sealed "What's Going On?" and so on in the Discogs top sales chart) - but his "Mint" records still have damage listed...

Comment

Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post

I listened to it as well. What a hoot. I like his line about a very common Genesis single, that you could get for 50p but can buy from him for £85, which says,' Original white paper sleeve has some extremely minor defects, a tiny bit creased'. I think I'd like a new white paper sleeve if I were going to pay £498.50 over the usual price.
          I think my sig probably comes from that nutter.

Comment

Originally posted by bongolia View Post
            that's the crazy thing - were they common records but absolutely pristine you could almost understand it (like the $3000 sealed "What's Going On?" and so on in the Discogs top sales chart) - but his "Mint" records still have damage listed...
            Should change his discogs name to THE_MOST_EXPENSIVE_COPY_WITH_SLIGHT_DAMAGE_BUT_STI LL_LISTED_AS_NM or just lay off the glue for a bit.
            'I have avoided competitive situations because I am not a baboon'

Comment

Originally posted by Davedave View Post

Should change his discogs name to THE_MOST_EXPENSIVE_COPY_WITH_SLIGHT_DAMAGE_BUT_STI LL_LISTED_AS_NM or just lay off the glue for a bit.
              a ha ha ha ha ha ha

Comment

Unfortunately, record collecting does seem to produce it's share of whack jobs.
                https://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

Comment

Originally posted by moecurlythanu View Post
                  Unfortunately, record collecting does seem to produce it's share of whack jobs.
                  If you're talking about me, say so!

Comment

Working...
                  X