Simon Plays drum break record

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simon Plays drum break record

I got the Simon plays drum break record on king underground, some seriously nice playing and lovely sounding drum production, sometimes I can just listen to drums all day.

Apart from the ridiculously tasty efforts from J Zone what other recent beat treats might I have missed?. (talking about the last few years)

Doesn't time fly. I thought I bought this last year but it turns out to have been 2017.

I did buy the Armed Dukes LP last year, though.

"You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post
      Doesn't time fly. I thought I bought this last year but it turns out to have been 2017.

I did buy the Armed Dukes LP last year, though.

Lovely Mr. Khan. I highly recommend this Boora LP

https://www.juno.co.uk/products/boor...nds/658488-01/

Also if you're interested in hearing some of my own stuff then let me know and I will shoot you a zip of a bunch of my own beat treats.

Comment

Yes, that's nice. I like the King Underground stuff, generally. I came to them through the Lewis Parker 'Puzzle' records which I'm sure you know. I prefer this stuff to be instrumental (very old-fashioned attitude I believe)- I'm not interested in lyrics. I prefer the jazzier end of the spectrum, as well.

Kind of you to offer your tracks but I just flirt on the edges of this stuff so I wouldn't have a clue what I was listening too. There are, or were, people on here who have a good knowledge in this area, certainly more than my zilch, but It's like a ghost town here now, though- feels like there's about ten of us.

Have you listened to any of the Hi Hat club stuff? It's going back a few years but there's good bits there.

It's ages old now but I still really like that DJ Day LP although the glue holding the photograph on has bled through to the front on mine which is a little disappointing because it's a nice image (just checking Discogs I see it's the same on the image there so that must have happened to them all)

"You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Working...
        X