Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RedX
    replied
    My blue vinyl "Krulle Bol" is a really nice quiet pressing - as I listen on headphones mostly these days I appreciate that!

Leave a comment:

• Shere Khan
    replied
    Originally posted by pH View Post
    Now, we all know people who get up, or who don't go to bed, just to pick up some RSD booty and flip on eBay for £££

But can a RSD affiliated store ethically flip their own stock on Discogs for silly money ?

Take this one . . .

https://www.discogs.com/sell/item/937944567

A £39.99 record being sold by a RSD shop for £169.99

Seems off to me ?
    Me too, although it's beyond me why anyone would want to buy that. It was ludicrous at £40- you could have on CD for under a fiver and that would be a far better way to listen to it.

Leave a comment:

• pH
    replied
    Now, we all know people who get up, or who don't go to bed, just to pick up some RSD booty and flip on eBay for £££

But can a RSD affiliated store ethically flip their own stock on Discogs for silly money ?

Take this one . . .

https://www.discogs.com/sell/item/937944567

A £39.99 record being sold by a RSD shop for £169.99

Seems off to me ?

Leave a comment:

• RedX
    replied
    I wasn't able to get out on the day and didn't see that much on the list that really grabbed me anyway, but I have since bought the Redskins 10", This Is The Kit's 'Krulle Bol' album and the NJE/Sherwood 'Afloat In Dub' album - that one from Terry Edwards himself on Discogs

Leave a comment:

• Aggie
    replied
    I am somewhere in the middle re RSD. I don't hate it but I can't help but notice that some releases are obsolete.

I went to just one of the record stores in Athens that carried RSD releases and bought the Alice Clark album on We Want Sounds for 29 Euro. Of course the cheapest copy at discogs at the moment costs twice what I paid for. One person is even asking for 150 Euro. You might as well save for an original.

Anyway, I also wanted to buy Abu Ali (again in We Want Sounds) but it was already sold out by the time I got to the store (round 13.00 iirw - I'm not the type of person who would queue for records...).

I noticed some other interesting reissues, eg. Power of Zeus, Twink "Think Pink" (in horrid pink vinyl) and Grodeck Whipperjenny but I'm pretty sure these will still be available at reasonable prices for a while..

Leave a comment:

• BoogieWithTheHook
    replied
    I’ve been going to RSD since the very first one. It’s a bit of fun but i think serious collectors quite rightly view it with a heft dose of cynicism. I‘ve never been one to camp out overnight or queue for hours in the freezing weather. No record is worth that malarkey!

This year I had to work on the day so had to settle forgoing down to my local store today. They still had loads of stuff left so I managed to get most of the records i wanted.

Funniest thing was listening to the owner take a phone call from some guy begging him to put the last copy of a record to one side for him. No matter how many different ways the owner managed to find to say “you got to buy it from the store, first come first served” the caller just wouldn’t give up. You could tell the owner was pi$$ed off with him and i was tempted to just buy the damned thing so he could tell him there and then that it had just sold!

Leave a comment:

• Paul-K
    replied
    the roots radics 12 inches of pleasure would be nice to own.
    the mighty boosh box is on ebay for £180...
    its almost enough to put you off record buying

Leave a comment:

• Turboellis
    replied
    Originally posted by The Dainty Tudor Duke View Post
    What is RSD 2019?
    http://bfy.tw/NE6k

Leave a comment:

• Shere Khan
    replied
    Originally posted by Head Gardener View Post
    someone told me they paid £24 for a Chas & Dave picture disc...
    I knew this was coming but I didn't realise it had been. I just tried to find this picture disc on discogs, assuming you'd now be able to get it for £1.25 but I discover it's from this year's RSD which was yesterday. I'd seen this thread, as well. Tomorrow I'm going into town to buy a walking stick and some hearing aids.

Leave a comment:

• Head Gardener
    replied
    someone told me they paid £24 for a Chas & Dave picture disc...

Leave a comment:

• The Dainty Tudor Duke
    replied
    What is RSD 2019?

Leave a comment:

• Grim Lounge Cowboy
    replied
    Nothing on the list for me. Possibly worth a look in case vendors put out extra second hand stock for the day. I know one who has said that he will.

Leave a comment:

• Abominog
    replied
    I'm definitely grabbing the Grodeck Whipperjenny LP and Daughters of Darkness 7". I certainly won't be doing so on the actual day though as I'm sure I'll be able to grab them next week once all the crowds disperse.

Leave a comment:

• Turboellis
    replied
    What you all said.

Leave a comment:

• Agnes_Guano
    replied
    As usual there is nothing I can be arsed to queue for eight hours in the freezing cold to buy. I'll see what dregs are still knocking around on Monday.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X