Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Search for a good music podcast

The Search for a good music podcast

Recently I've been searching for a good podcast that plays interesting music. I had been listening to NPR All songs considered, but somehow most of the music they play annoys me.

At the moment I'm enjoying Brainwashed Radio Podcast a lot. A variety of interesting new music, slanted away from the mainstream.

You can hear it here and see the play list too:
    https://www.mixcloud.com/brainwashed...april-14-2019/
    which is the most recent one.

Anyone have any other music podcasts to recommend?

Turbo
    "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

I've listened to Stephen Marshall and James Yorkston's 46-30 podcast. Mr Marshall is on here as Whisky Stephen, and runs the Triassic Tusk label. They play a bit of everything so it suits me fine. Does it have to be a podcast? I'm not sure what the diffence between a podcast and something like WFMU is. You could try Inflatable Squirrel Carcass on there. Downtown Soulville with Mr Fine Wine is my favourite but that's strictly 'Soul forty fives'. Been listening to that for years now.
    "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post
      I've listened to Stephen Marshall and James Yorkston's 46-30 podcast. Mr Marshall is on here as Whisky Stephen, and runs the Triassic Tusk label. They play a bit of everything so it suits me fine. Does it have to be a podcast? I'm not sure what the diffence between a podcast and something like WFMU is. You could try Inflatable Squirrel Carcass on there. Downtown Soulville with Mr Fine Wine is my favourite but that's strictly 'Soul forty fives'. Been listening to that for years now.
      Thanks Shere. The first 2 sound like they'll be worth a try. For me the beauty of a podcast is that, once registered in a podcast catching app (I use gPodder on Mac OS), it goes and fetches any new episodes, without me having to remember to download it, which I'll eventually forget to do.

I'm certainly interested to hear the podcast of anyone who's a VG+er ...

I'll give them both a try.

Thanks!

"White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

Working...
      X