Amazon misleading customers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazon misleading customers

Has anybody else noticed this little “scam” that Amazon pull off these days. Here’s how it goes - you’re after a recent release but you slept on it and before you know it there are very few copies available anywhere online. Fortunately Amazon still have “one copy” available - although they’ve bumped the price up a bit to reflect this

So you think if you really want this album then you need to snap it up NOW. We’ve all slept on things in the past and then before you know it it’s going for silly money right? So you buy it from Amazon and yet afterwards their stock stock still shows as “last one” available. So really it wasn’t their last copy and they shouldn’t be stating such. That’s deliberately misleading customers. The first time this happened i thought it was just a glitch but it’s happened a few times now so it’s clearly an underhand ploy by Amazon to mislead customers.

Never noticed that one, but a friend keeps getting sent LPs by Amazon that he hasn't ordered. When he points it out, they tell him to keep the LP, and then occasionally send him another copy. That must be *so* annoying.
    "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

And the cheeky buggers that list through the Amazon marketplace and randomly price their stock at 2-3 times the price. Seems to be almost guaranteed if there's only 1 seller.

Often accompanied by the feeling you get for missing a hyped release, scouring the internet and buying a copy at inflated price only to play it once and shelve it till it's forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by BoogieWithTheHook View Post
        Has anybody else noticed this little “scam” that Amazon pull off these days. Here’s how it goes - you’re after a recent release but you slept on it and before you know it there are very few copies available anywhere online. Fortunately Amazon still have “one copy” available - although they’ve bumped the price up a bit to reflect this

So you think if you really want this album then you need to snap it up NOW. We’ve all slept on things in the past and then before you know it it’s going for silly money right? So you buy it from Amazon and yet afterwards their stock stock still shows as “last one” available. So really it wasn’t their last copy and they shouldn’t be stating such. That’s deliberately misleading customers. The first time this happened i thought it was just a glitch but it’s happened a few times now so it’s clearly an underhand ploy by Amazon to mislead customers.
        do you have an example? is this actually Amazon or a third party doing it - it can be quite hard to tell now if items are actually sold by Amazon or not.

Comment

I'd be surprised if it was actually Amazon and not one of their dodgy sellers ...
          "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

No,, definitely Amazon. It’s happened to me 3 times now. If they have very low stock levels they usually put one of two statements, e.g.

”One copy left” or “One left but more on the way”. In each instance it said the former.

Comment

did you get the record you wanted?
              instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

Had a bit of fun with Amazon when auto price matching from some of the bigger suppliers was reducing new stock to compete with second hand stock sold by rivals, but if you're going to tag your employees like criminals and swerve tax? You're not seeing any more of my money, and they haven't in 2019.

Comment

i once got 24 sets of strings (normally at least £5 a each) for £20 because they said they only had one box left and the price was £10 a box, so i bought 2... Amazon is weird
                  instagram.com/vinylhoard

Comment

Working...
                  X