Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strange Fruit label bootlegs? No writing on spine. Please help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange Fruit label bootlegs? No writing on spine. Please help.

I bought a Joy Division Peel Sessions bootleg, supposedly on Strange Fruit from Disk Union, which was not flagged as being a bootleg, but was still in its shrink. I think it's probably a bootleg, as the chances of an original copy being still in shrink after 19 years are slim, but I was kinda surprised that someone should do such a blatant rip-off. I suppose I shouldn't have been. If there's a buck to be made ...

So my question is: Do all the Strange Fruit releases have writing on the Spine? My LP doesn't. If someone could take a look at a few Strange Fruit releases and tell me, I'd be very grateful.

Turbo in Turmoil
    "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

According to dat Discogs there are loads of 'unofficial' versions of J.D.'s Peel Sessions on 'Strange Fruit'.
    "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

Comment

Yes, thanks, Shere, I got that far, then realized the worst. Usually I research before buying. It wasn't expensive so not a rip off, and apparently, the sound on the bootleg is not bad, but I wish they would try a bit harder to be honest. They have the knowledge. Of all the shops in Japan, they have it.

Comment

Does it have a textured sleeve? I have only two - Culture and Redskins - and both have a raised criss-cross texture on the sleeve. Both have writing on the spine too

North of the River Cole

Comment

I don't think so, and the lack of text on the spine is very suspicious. I haven't opened it yet but people say the sound of the bootleg is good, so if it sounds OK, I'll keep it. If not I'll send it back.

Comment

Working...
          X