Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strange Fruit label bootlegs? No writing on spine. Please help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turboellis
    replied
    I don't think so, and the lack of text on the spine is very suspicious. I haven't opened it yet but people say the sound of the bootleg is good, so if it sounds OK, I'll keep it. If not I'll send it back.

Leave a comment:

• RedX
    replied
    Does it have a textured sleeve? I have only two - Culture and Redskins - and both have a raised criss-cross texture on the sleeve. Both have writing on the spine too

Leave a comment:

• Turboellis
    replied
    Yes, thanks, Shere, I got that far, then realized the worst. Usually I research before buying. It wasn't expensive so not a rip off, and apparently, the sound on the bootleg is not bad, but I wish they would try a bit harder to be honest. They have the knowledge. Of all the shops in Japan, they have it.

Leave a comment:

• Shere Khan
    replied
    According to dat Discogs there are loads of 'unofficial' versions of J.D.'s Peel Sessions on 'Strange Fruit'.

Leave a comment:

• Strange Fruit label bootlegs? No writing on spine. Please help.

I bought a Joy Division Peel Sessions bootleg, supposedly on Strange Fruit from Disk Union, which was not flagged as being a bootleg, but was still in its shrink. I think it's probably a bootleg, as the chances of an original copy being still in shrink after 19 years are slim, but I was kinda surprised that someone should do such a blatant rip-off. I suppose I shouldn't have been. If there's a buck to be made ...

So my question is: Do all the Strange Fruit releases have writing on the Spine? My LP doesn't. If someone could take a look at a few Strange Fruit releases and tell me, I'd be very grateful.

Turbo in Turmoil
Working...
X