Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with identifying acetate finds..

Hey,
    Been a long time since I posted, apologies, specially as I'm here now looking for any assistance identifying some acetates I recently found in the wild. Thanks in advance for any info/suggestions.

Here's the first:
    "Unquiet" (double sider acetate)

"Computer Love"

Comment

"Something Smith & The Eggtimers", any ideas who they were?!

Comment

Probably the pick of the bunch...."She Meant What She Said" dated as 14/5/1969

Comment

Great find! As you say, the 1969 take of She Meant What She Said is the standout track, although I rather like the glam futuristic stomper Computer Love which doubtless predated Kraftwerk by some distance. No meaningful suggestions as to the band's identities - I had a thread late last year after getting hold of a 60s acetate for a song called Everything In The Garden (see https://www.verygoodplus.co.uk/forum...is-60s-acetate) which sounds uncannily like The Move circa Blackberry Way era, but may just be a clever soundalike. Good luck with your search
          NB Did you snag them at a car boot, out of interest?

Comment

Thanks for the input, appreciated. Not from a carboot, the 'Unquiet' was from a charity warehouse/shop. The others (there are more, but less interesting than the above) from a record shop, tucked away (presumably) for a long time in unsorted boxes, owner wasn't bothered or interested in them, guess he couldn't be bothered playing them or trying to find out who they were, so they were very cheap! In surprisingly good nick for acetates as well.

I would think the 'Computer Love' must be late 1960s, but has a Glam/Powerpop sound way before it's time, who knew people were singing about computers at this time! 'She Meant What She Said' is outstanding with pretty accomplished musicians, you would think they would have laid down some other tracks somewhere.

Comment

David Ike on a bike..omg what a great psych tune..trade??
              ------~o00o-----//{ ´°`(_)´°` }\\-----o00o~------

Comment

That last one is pretty great. I shudder to think what it would fetch at auction. Great condition, be nice if you can identify the artist.
                https://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

Comment

After listening..very similar to the smoke or the attack
                  ------~o00o-----//{ ´°`(_)´°` }\\-----o00o~------

Comment

Working...
                  X