Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your go-to early morning music?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What is your go-to early morning music?

    Been meaning to ask this for a while.

    I get up pretty early, usually about 5:30, partly because it's cooler in Japan during the Summer to get up early and commute before it gets blisteringly hot.

    This means my Mrs gets up early to, to make my lunch, lovely woman that she is.

    So, to help her wake up more pleasantly, I try and put on music that I think she'll like, and nothing raucous. The best I've found so far are:
    - Bowie (especially the lighter stuff like Hunky Dory)
    - Beatles (the gentler stuff ...)
    - Henry Mancini (but not too much syrup)
    - Rufus wainwright (especially 'Roses')
    - some MPB
    - Judy Collins
    - Francoise Hardy

    What are your go-to musics for getting awake in a relaxed way?

    Still Slightly Sleepy Turbo
    "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

  • #2
    Well Virginia Astley fits my mood first thing


    If I were a little more awake maybe..


    Otherwise I have this on CD so I can slip that on and pass a very pleasant while with some coffee and rolls.

    "You don't want to kill the cash donkey"

    Comment


    • #3
      It would have to be a coffee and rolls scenario. In the back yard in the good weather.

      Undemanding 60's jazz (or cognate genre).

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Turboellis View Post
        Been meaning to ask this for a while.

        I get up pretty early, usually about 5:30, partly because it's cooler in Japan during the Summer to get up early and commute before it gets blisteringly hot.

        This means my Mrs gets up early to, to make my lunch, lovely woman that she is.

        So, to help her wake up more pleasantly, I try and put on music that I think she'll like, and nothing raucous. The best I've found so far are:
        - Bowie (especially the lighter stuff like Hunky Dory)
        - Beatles (the gentler stuff ...)
        - Henry Mancini (but not too much syrup)
        - Rufus wainwright (especially 'Roses')
        - some MPB
        - Judy Collins
        - Francoise Hardy

        What are your go-to musics for getting awake in a relaxed way?

        Still Slightly Sleepy Turbo
        You might try the last mix I stuck up on my mixcloud Turbo - could work for your wife while she wakes up enough to make your cheese n'pickle sarnie...

        https://www.verygoodplus.co.uk/forum...iamo-al-cinema

        If I tried to play my missus music first thing in the morning - I think she might murder me though.

        Comment


        • #5
          I like some MPB with a Nordeste flavour in the morning:








          Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Shere Khan View Post
            Otherwise I have this on CD so I can slip that on and pass a very pleasant while with some coffee and rolls.

            A little guitar in the morning might just work. I'll try your suggestions, Mr Khan, thank you.

            "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Grim Lounge Cowboy View Post
              It would have to be a coffee and rolls scenario. In the back yard in the good weather.

              Undemanding 60's jazz (or cognate genre).
              I try & stay away from jazz in the morning. I don't want the Mrs scatting on my sarny.
              "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by SirSlim View Post

                You might try the last mix I stuck up on my mixcloud Turbo - could work for your wife while she wakes up enough to make your cheese n'pickle sarnie...

                https://www.verygoodplus.co.uk/forum...iamo-al-cinema

                If I tried to play my missus music first thing in the morning - I think she might murder me though.
                Thanks SirSlim, I'll give it a try. Music is Murder in your house early in the morning, eh? That's kinda harsh. I must have a little something in the morning ...
                "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by babycart View Post
                  I like some MPB with a Nordeste flavour in the morning.
                  3 out of those 4, I don't know at all, so that's got to be worth a try. Thanks Babycart.
                  "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Bach cello suites! Must try that when the weather improves.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      My go-to Sunday AM music is from Japan, (not the band,) 1980s:

                      Last edited by moecurlythanu; 13-07-2019, 06:42 PM.
                      https://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by babycart View Post
                        I like some MPB with a Nordeste flavour in the morning:
                        That Lourenço Baeta LP is very nice. The whole LP is on YT. This morning we had Joyce, which also seemed to go down very well. The experiment is progressing nicely. Soon my Mrs will be like putty in my hands, but hopefully not oily, smelly or sticky ...

                        "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Tamba Trio and Monica Zetterlund

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Headless mermaid View Post
                            Tamba Trio and Monica Zetterlund
                            OK, today will be Monica Zetterlund Waltz For Debby, though I wouldn't normally play jazz in the morning ...
                            "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              2 more to add
                              Broadcast - Noise Made By People
                              The Graduate OST
                              Both of these got my Mrs singing which is quite an achievement at 6am

                              I also enjoyed Monica Zetterlund Waltz For Debby alot, though for me that's not to be played before 6pm ...
                              Last edited by Turboellis; 11-07-2019, 02:08 PM. Reason: got title wrong
                              "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X