How do you package 78s safely?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you package 78s safely?

I've been meaning to ask this for a long time.

The words 78 rpm disc & shipping don't often appear in the same sentence for obvious reasons, but if you have any hints on how to ensure they arrive intact, I'd really love to hear them.

Tentative Turbo
    "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Hmm. Seem to recall sending a bundle of Bill Haley 78s to somebody a while back, which miraculously arrived intact rather than in pieces. Think I wrapped each one in bubble wrap, then stiffener between each, then hardboard at either end. Heavily taped and in (at least) double walled cardboard box. Weighed a ton but seemed to work. Good luck!

Comment

Bloody hell. You didn't take any chances did you? But what you did seems sensible to me. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Sandwich with a couple of layers in good card (and tape) then bubblewrap and put in larger box with polystyrene pellets seems to be the way 78 buyers/sellers recommend

Comment

Originally posted by Mactheruss View Post
          Hmm. Seem to recall sending a bundle of Bill Haley 78s to somebody a while back, which miraculously arrived intact rather than in pieces. Think I wrapped each one in bubble wrap, then stiffener between each, then hardboard at either end. Heavily taped and in (at least) double walled cardboard box. Weighed a ton but seemed to work. Good luck!
          The postage must have been more than the cost of the 78's!
          eat chocolate-creams with the appetite of a blase parrot. H H Munro.

Comment

Originally posted by bongolia View Post
            Sandwich with a couple of layers in good card (and tape) then bubblewrap and put in larger box with polystyrene pellets seems to be the way 78 buyers/sellers recommend
            That looks like a more sensible method. & probably rather a lot lighter ...

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan View Post

The postage must have been more than the cost of the 78's!
              Buyer was willing to pay it

Comment

Working...
              X