No announcement yet.

Wh'appen London?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Cindy Sherman exhibition is still on. I can't find the time what with friends and rellies.

Comment

A quick shout out to the nice people in Audio Gold near Ally Pally.

Comment

Originally posted by Grim Lounge Cowboy View Post
        A quick shout out to the nice people in Audio Gold near Ally Pally.
        Why?
        "White paper inner sleeve is pristine ..."

Comment

For being super nice.

Comment

For being super nice.
            Nice with rekkids or nice with a player? Ally Pally is doable for me. Maybe I should drop in next year.

Comment

I was there for records. The guy was friendly and helpful. The last time I was there they were quick with an offer of tea and biscuits - which was just what I needed. I looked at the jazz, soundtracks and 'contemporary'. Nearly bought Peter Hall "The Estates" and a Jim O'Rourke LP this time. But talked myself out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Turboellis View Post

Nice with rekkids or nice with a player? Ally Pally is doable for me. Maybe I should drop in next year.
                The Audio Gold staff are nice people. The hi-fi is pretty steeply priced but the records are reasonable although I can't actually remember the last time I found something I really wanted to buy there. If you make a trip to Audio Gold, make some time to pop up the road to Alan's Records in East Finchley.

Comment

I was there for records. The guy was friendly and helpful. The last time I was there they were quick with an offer of tea and biscuits - which was just what I needed. I looked at the jazz, soundtracks and 'contemporary'. Nearly bought Peter Hall "The Estates" and a Jim O'Rourke LP this time. But talked myself out of it.
                  You really should have picked the Peter Hall LP up. it's a cracker.

Comment

It had a scratch on what I take to be the best track. I wasn’t thinking straight or I would have listened to it to assess the damage.
                    I listened to the track on YouTube that night and it wasn’t as good as I remembered.

Comment

Originally posted by Xann View Post
                      The Proms.

Ah bollocks, the Manga exhibition at the British Museum finishes today.
                      What is manga exhibition?

Comment

Working...
                      X