No announcement yet.

Autumn freebs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That Grim Lounge fella nabbed it, though he referred to it as Rebel City I guessed he meant that one

North of the River Cole

Comment

Disappointing response to the history of protestantism. I'd go for it myself but I'm many miles and too much postage away, in a land of bead-worrying idolaters
      Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

I will be happy with just the other one.

Comment

OK - I've let him know it's his if he wants it

North of the River Cole

Comment

Hi there - did somebody nab the Costello book? Would gladly give it a read if not

Comment

It's all yours! PM to follow...

North of the River Cole

Comment

Originally posted by RedX View Post

I started on it earlier in the year but it didn't really grab me so I put it down again - Eine will be able to tell you more in a few weeks time!

It's a collaboration between Simon Jones, an academic that's been writing about reggae for thirty years and Paul Pinnock, a leading member of the sound system. As such it's an unusual publication as it's designed to stand up as an academic piece of research and also something that reggae lovers will enjoy. There's transcription of a performance in Sheffield in the early 1980s, where everything that was said by the DJs has been written down: all the shout-outs, toasting, wind backs, you name it.
                Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

Vanished City has appeared! Ta.

Comment

Originally posted by eine View Post

It's a collaboration between Simon Jones, an academic that's been writing about reggae for thirty years and Paul Pinnock, a leading member of the sound system. As such it's an unusual publication as it's designed to stand up as an academic piece of research and also something that reggae lovers will enjoy. There's transcription of a performance in Sheffield in the early 1980s, where everything that was said by the DJs has been written down: all the shout-outs, toasting, wind backs, you name it.

Comment

Working...
                    X